Would you trade #5 (1700 draft points) and #18 (900 draft points) for #2 (2600 draft points) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade #5 (1700 draft points) and #18 (900 draft points) for #2 (2600 draft points)

No way especially not for Chase. Great player but not for us. Stick at 5 or go to 3 to unsure we get Tua

when the draft pundits say "generational talent" be weary my friend, be very weary. I'd rather keep our picks and pick 3 1st round players that can help our team get better.
Yes, be wary, and weary......wait.......what?

No, one player is not going to be the answer for the Dolphins. While Young Is certainly the best defensive player in the draft, the Dolphins need solid players throughout their roster and they need to use all three of their first round picks on three players who can come in and contribute on day one.

I would have no issue with them trading down to get more draft picks in the 2020 and 2021 draft but I really don’t want to see them give up draft picks by trading up in the first round.

I’d be OK throwing in an additional 2nd. Or even one of next year’s firsts.

You’re giving up your “extra” draft capital to get the franchise QB...and you still have draft picks in 2020 & 2021 to build with (in addition to cap space).
You'd give up FOUR firsts to move up 4 spots?!?

tumblr_mthlrkGgW01sj3oxho1_400.gif

I don't know why the OP needs to get shot in the face with a flare gun for merely posing an interesting idea to consider. Good question.

To me, we're not simply a DE away. JT in his prime wasn't getting us trophies. Most important thing from this draft is to resolve the QB position. If we come out of it and ONLY hit on that pick, we're on our way to fixing this mess.
:lol: Welcome to FH! When you've been here a bit longer than 5 days, it'll make more sense. :lol:

You'd give up FOUR firsts to move up 4 spots?!?

tumblr_mthlrkGgW01sj3oxho1_400.gif

Burrow is special.

So, yeah, I would. And I’d really be giving up 3 firsts, because I’m getting the #1 overall pick in return. And I’d also feel pretty phenomenal when it’s all said and done that I got Joe Burrow for Tunsil, Fitzpatrick, and Stills.

And then I have a cost-controlled franchise QB to build around with my remaining draft capital, which is still at typical annual levels, and massive cap space.

As a pessimist I am a bit optimistic due to the recent staff changes. My hope is we get a quarterback That our scouts project as someone who will excel in the NFL and use our pics on complementary players. If they think that quarterback is Tua and he is there at number five great. If they like someone else and we pick that guy a bit later I think we can fill our team with some great complementary pieces hopefully all pros.

Then we have a great foundation and Ken accentuate next year and through FA. Trading up puts more emphasis on
:lol: Welcome to FH! When you've been here a bit longer than 5 days, it'll make more sense. :lol:
agree to a extent as a vicious pass rush helps the back end tremendously so we need a scheme of a few playmakers not one but we do need something more than we have.

Gonna be a lot of angry people in here when the Dolphins do indeed move up to secure Tua.

Can't wait. "U mad" gif time.

Gonna be a lot of angry people in here when the Dolphins do indeed move up to secure Tua.

Can't wait. "U mad" gif time.
I can't wait for Pick #5 ... with Tua still on the board ... and, we trade down.

THAT'S "U Mad" time :lol:

To get Chase Young? What's your interest level in Chase?

Or what about #5, #26 and a 3rd rounder
I’d only trade up in one scenario - if Burrows is on the board if the Bengals draft Chase Young. Don’t get me wrong, I like Young and he’s up there with the Bosa brothers, but I don’t think I’d be trading up for him. I suppose if they really want Tua and they get wind of someone wanting to move up above us and draft him, then maybe in that scenario we move up, but I highly doubt we’d do that. Might as well stay at five and draft the BPA or Herbert.

Back
Top Bottom