Would You Trade A 1st For Josh Rosen? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade A 1st For Josh Rosen?

I wouldn't trade a first for a guy being replaced after his first year just on principle. I don't really feel I'm qualified to evaluate Rosen. Wilks in Arizona was in his own way worse than Cam Cameron's awesome one and done season here because at least we field a running game...that Cardinals team was good at literally nothing and this on a team that wasn't that far removed from being a contender. So a rookie QB did bad on a team where guys who were at one time considered the best WR and the best RB in the game did nothing....hard to close the book on him after that.

The reality is that the Dolphins are an unattractive job because of no hope for a QB improvement (bad draft position for a genuine QB prospect) and are rather cash strapped and don't have the talent anywhere else to make up for it. We need to secure a QB prospect, and hopefully the professionals who evaluate these guys know what they are doing.

I don't think it's a bad thread and its not a bad question.

And honestly I think I would. I had him as my #2 guy last year, and I was off bc I think he's the 4 right now from that class

Noone here is really gonna write the book on him based off the way he was thrown into that cardinals team are they?

Weak arm, injury history and bad attitude. Yeah that’s a great prospect to burn picks on after a horrible year. That QB class was horrible.

Weak arm, injury history and bad attitude. Yeah that’s a great prospect to burn picks on after a horrible year. That QB class was horrible.

All those claims were present during the draft process last year. Bad attitude is over blown and not actually factual

That qb class is likely gonna be pretty damn good

It seems like the majority here are still in win now mode. We don’t have the team to win now. The best bet is to suck for a couple years with high draft choices.

Hell no. I wouldn't have drafted him in the first last year either.

He will be out of the league in 5 years imo. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's gonna grind it out in the NFL.

I don't think it's a bad thread and its not a bad question.

And honestly I think I would. I had him as my #2 guy last year, and I was off bc I think he's the 4 right now from that class

Noone here is really gonna write the book on him based off the way he was thrown into that cardinals team are they?

Yep! Let's trade a 1st round pick for a Qb that was terrible his first year and has all the makings of looking like another BUST. Great thread!

Attitude and personality are great. That's the type of thing you want in a quarterback, as opposed to someone who jogs off the field if you call for a punt on 4th and an inch.

I like the website footballsfuture.com for draft analysis. Lots of sharp guys there who don't merely regurgitate the conventional wisdom material. Between that site and the top guys on this draft forum I don't think I need to sample too many other spots. In fact, I've seen one footballsfuture top guy who obviously values the draft forum here because he sometimes hand carries observations from this site and mentions them there.

Anyway, this thread on Josh Rosen last year carried plenty of red flags and made sense to me. Very well researched and detailed. Previously I didn't have much of an opinion on Rosen one way or another.

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/9370-why-josh-rosen-isn’t-the-quarterback-you-think-he-is/

Yep! Let's trade a 1st round pick for a Qb that was terrible his first year and has all the makings of looking like another BUST. Great thread!

Isn’t it a bit soon to write the book on Rosen? It was a horrid situation he was in. I wouldn’t be in favor of trading a 1st rounder for him, but it’s hardly any worse of a thread than a lot of the drivel that gets posted here on the daily. Certainly not worth crapping all over.

He’d feel like he died in zona and went to hell in Miami protection wise.

Thus I’d pass.

Isn’t it a bit soon to write the book on Rosen? It was a horrid situation he was in. I wouldn’t be in favor of trading a 1st rounder for him, but it’s hardly any worse of a thread than a lot of the drivel that gets posted here on the daily. Certainly not worth crapping all over.

Wait let me see if I get this "Isn't it a bit soon to write the book of Rosen?" THEN "I wouldn't be in favor of trading a 1st rounder for him"

LOL, you can't make this stuff up!

Wait let me see if I get this "Isn't it a bit soon to write the book of Rosen?" THEN "I wouldn't be in favor of trading a 1st rounder for him"

LOL, you can't make this stuff up!

I’m sorry. What was so hard to comprehend? You are calling him a bust after one year. That’s premature. All I said was I’d rather not trade a first round pick for the guy. I didn’t say I think he is going to be dog **** for his career, did I? It’s not that black and white. There are simply other QBs coming that I’d rather have. Pretty easy to understand.

I really don’t get the incessant need so many here have to be a condescending ass at every turn. At least grasp what is being said first. Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom