Would You Trade A 1st For Josh Rosen? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade A 1st For Josh Rosen?

QB has to be able to make plays from his posistion, Haskins a statue as well as Rosen.

I don't have an opinion on him myself but Robert Mays thinks he's going to be good.

It's an interesting option but it doesn't look like the Cards want to trade Rosen. If we can't get a top QB prospect from this draft, I'd have a look at Nick Mullens. I'm not sure what compensation the Niners would want for him but he could be a low risk option for a year or two while we position ourselves for 2020 or 2021 draft.

I'd trade the volleyball player for Rosen. Maybe throw-in R.Jones and his insanely chitty contract.

I'd rather bet on a guy with a higher ceiling than Rosen, but if you get the right staff in place, you could do worse. He's a very situation-dependent QB - like Goff and Haskins but not as good imo.

Not interested in Rosen. While last year’s QB’s have potential, it should be clear to everyone by now that the only legit blue chip prospect last year was Mayfield, with maybe Allen being a distant second. The rest of that class appear to be significant projects. If you are going to take a project, just draft a lower round QB that you like. If the Cardinals are considering throwing another pick at a new QB, it should tell you everything you need to know about Rosen, anyway. If the Cardinals move him, then they clearly don’t believe he can be a franchise QB, and likely, they don’t think he can be an acceptable backup, either.

Not interested in Rosen. While last year’s QB’s have potential, it should be clear to everyone by now that the only legit blue chip prospect last year was Mayfield, with maybe Allen being a distant second. The rest of that class appear to be significant projects. If you are going to take a project, just draft a lower round QB that you like. If the Cardinals are considering throwing another pick at a new QB, it should tell you everything you need to know about Rosen, anyway. If the Cardinals move him, then they clearly don’t believe he can be a franchise QB, and likely, they don’t think he can be an acceptable backup, either.

Agree with a lot of this, but I think Darnold will prove to be a very good NFL QB and should be seen as the 2nd best in the class. I also don't think that Arizona preferring Murray to Rosen (as they should) indicates that they think Rosen can't be a good NFL QB. If you had Jared Goff but could get Russell Wilson (forgetting the age discrepancy for this example), you should make the upgrade to the most valuable position in sports. I think Goff is better than Rosen, but Rosen should be pretty good in rosy situation. For Miami, though, I don't think it'd be a good move.

WOW how things change. Last March this forum would have given there left nut for Rosen now he's a complete ham and egger after one season.

WOW how things change. Last March this forum would have given there left nut for Rosen now he's a complete ham and egger after one season.

I never wanted him, but I think it would have been smart for Gase's career prospects (in Miami anyway) to go after him.

None of the last year's QB give their team an advantage over opponents or a hope they will compete for SB on their rookie contract. That's what we should be after, that kind of a rare quarterback.
The best QB for that in last year's class was Mason Rudolph. We should get that guy.

Wow. This organization is more screwed up than we are. No wonder Arians bailed.

Arizona sent the No. 15 pick, a 3rd-round pick (No. 79) and a fifth-round selection (No. 152) to the Oakland Raiders for Rosen.

Now they want to trade him after one year? They also fired their coach after one year and hired a failed college coach.

Might want to think about firing the GM.

Considering they way they do things there, Rosen will probably turn into a HOF'er IF they trade him.

Back
Top Bottom