Would you trade DVP? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade DVP?

For the right price, I would absolutely trade him. Probably an early 2nd and 4th. That said, I don't think anyone is paying that. A 1st is so unlikely. It would have to come from a team in the late first to consider DVP as a potential difference maker, at which point you'd probably be sending back a third.

I've been a big supporter of his from day one but I would have no problem getting value for him. Just like I would have no problem with starting him for the next 3-4 years. He's still young enough to be a part of a contender AND he wants to be here.

You explore all options and make the best decision for the team based on the info you get.

I'm shocked anyone thinks you'll get a 1st round pick before the year 2024 for DVP.

I would be shocked if we got offered a 2nd for him, never mind if we would take it or not (the Fins definitely would based on him having just one strong year of production).

I think we'll make him a contract offer at some point and if we're not too far apart, we'll extend him but if he wants top 5 money then we trade him.

I really don't want to just lose him and hope for a comp pick.

I'm willing to add two $10 million years on his contract. With an out after 2021. 2022 would be on low guarantees.

That's it.

He's shown that he's fully capable of being a Pro Bowl caliber WR1, and he's finally showing the dog he's had hidden inside of him. Most importantly, he's had a healthy season -- I can't put a concussion against a guy.

Jeudy or Lamb would have to be on the board to get my attention. Wouldn't take any other receivers in this (loaded) class over him right now.

at what point do we stop trading valuable assets, and, you know, use them to win football games?

It's a good gig Grier has right now, get paid millions trading off talent for high round picks and then getting to play the "rebuild" card while we wait for his picks to "develop" for 3 seasons like it's 1987. It'll be 2-3 seasons before our owner sees the charade and by that time Grier will have enough money to retire.

Also on that note I would talk to Philly and see what they want to give us to take on the terrible Alshon Jeffrey contract that is handcuffing them.

By virtue of the their SB title Pederson/Roseman/Wentz will get the 2020 season to right their ship. Might be able to score good value on future assets to help them out now.

I’d trade DVP and Howard for 1st round picks if any team was crazy enough to make the offer. I simply don’t think you can build around guys that have a documented history of not being able to stay on the field.

This is a deep WR class so any team willing to trade a 1st round pick for Parker would be dumb AF. Nobody's going to give us a pick in the teens when they can just draft a younger WR with no injury history.

This is a deep WR class so any team willing to trade a 1st round pick for Parker would be dumb AF. Nobody's going to give us a pick in the teens when they can just draft a younger WR with no injury history.

What’s funny is that I’ve seen plenty of teams do dumb AF things repeatedly.

Back
Top Bottom