Would you trade our 16th for.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade our 16th for....

MartinTheSNAKE

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
the jets 1rst round pick (from broncos) and their 2nd round draft pick?

i dont no if the jets woudl be willing to move up an extra 10 spots or w.e and lose their second, but right now they are in a rebuilding process, and they can get cutler and lawson QB and DE to fill some spots in their rotation

i no they are big time rivals and we shouldnt be looking to help them at all, but if we can get a 28 or so 1rst round pick and a real early 2nd rounder i say its worth it IMO

wut do yall think?

I really dont see anyone trading up with us, the draft it too deep..And I definitely dont see the Jets making that trade, they would be getting shafted...I would do it for us though...

No I think for that trade we would need 2 firsts.

We would need more then that we drop down 10 spots and only get a second! Plus Jets are rebuilding and they need the picks! If we traded with Jets we would need to get there 1st(Broncos) 2nd this year and next years second and I would agree to it!

i would normally agree with it, but if we trade down, we can't draft santonio holmes, my favorite 1st round draft choice for us, but we would have a very good 2nd round pick and could draft a olb and a safety, so let's see what happens in the draft...

clear.gif

R.I.P :( (we will miss you)

If Miami trades their first, any first round picks they recieve in the deal won't be for this year. I could maybe see a future first round pick, a second rounder, and a third rounder. That is all only likely however if Miami somehow gets Lavar, because if they dont then they will target an OLB in the first round.

bullseyeguy said:
Remember their second is almost a first....

Alright I forgot to take that into consideration

1st(broncos)
2nd
there 4th for next years draft and with Sabans trading negotiations maybe squeeze a 3rd out of them!

Their second and third picks in the draft (the latter of the 1st rounders and the 2nd rounder) would be a steal for Miami. In fact, that's the thing that cuts against it. Look at what Denver gave up to move from 29 to 15. It's a pittance compared to what the Jets would be giving up to move from 29 to 16. If the Jets really wanted that pick, they could have made that happen directly with Atlanta cheaper than what this proposal is.

Based on all of that, I say hell yes to this offer. Trading with the enemy should only be done when it is really helpful to the Dolphins, but this situation definitely fits that criteria.

Anyone who wouldnt do that is nuts.
We would be getting pretty much 2 lower first round picks.

I would do this in a heartbeat. That would be incredible value for us.

Back
Top Bottom