would you trade our entire draft to indy for the first roun pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

would you trade our entire draft to indy for the first roun pick?

Where do I sign ?!!!

anyone who wouldn't do it is nuts.

Does anyone really believe a "typical" dolphins draft of "we have way too many DE's and they don't make much of a difference anyway" Jared Odrick, Koa "Missing" Misi, John "hairy and stinky" Jerry, Nolan "anal and banal" Carroll, Austin "sh*tler" Spitler, and AJ "already put to bed" Edds would help this team more than a Peyton Manning would ? REEALLY ??

Like I said you'd be ABSOLUTELY NUTS not to. Andrew Luck is the real deal and will be one of the top elite QB's in the NFL. And when you have one of those, the way the league is currently run and structured, success is guaranteed as it hides many other holes and deficiencies on your team

Heck no...as has been said, we need to fill other spots besides QB.

Top three needs besides QB:
1. The offensive line MUST be addressed.
2. Secondary can use some help especially at safety.
3. Another pass rusher.

Yes. Moore is only a career-backup, but notice when the QB play is good, we win. Moore was awful today and we got blown out. We really need a QB and we need to do everything in our power to get one.

Entire draft this year? Maybe. More realistically i would give:

2012: 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, + player (Ex: Randy Starks)
2013: 1st, 3rd, 6th

We can fill RG, RT, FS, and SOLB with the rest of our picks and free agency. I think Luck would be fine with Fasano/Clay as his TE's, as well as Marshall, Hartline, Bess, and Gates (further developed) as his WR's. He will make his weapons look better than they are, no doubt about it.

Edit: Luck would make this a whole lot easier if he demands a trade. Luck: Demand a trade and come to the the only losing team this year with a positive point differential!

Yes...in a heartbeat. Don't think it matters as it's pretty apparent from Irsay's comments that Luck will be a Colt.

I would definitely do it. We have some holes short term. Big deal. We ain't winning short term either way. Get the quarterback for the long term.

Yes, but if today proved anything it's that Jake Long should in no way be a part of that deal.

I would probably give up a 1st and 2nd and 2013's 2nd round pick for Luck, but that wouldn't even be close to the compensation needed for a trade.

I cannot envision a scenario where the Colts would pass on Luck by trading away the number 1 overall pick.

In all honesty what we should do is make a trade for peyton manning for future picks and then move up in the first round this year to take a young qb to groom behind him. Can't miss on that and use the rest of the picks to develope the defense and o line.

This draft with no future picks? Of course you do that. It's not realistic, but it's not even a question that you do. Unless you're sitting at 2nd and Barkley is coming out.

Not in a million years. If Tebow and Newton prove anything its that what is predicted about a rookie is never certain. I am not a fan of giving up everything and then crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. We need to get a QB and if it means putting a deal together to move up a few spots then that is different than giving up the entire draft.

Sign Peyton and get the QB we can to sit behind him for a few years. There is NO better scenario on the planet. We instantly become better and there is a future plan in place. With giving up our whole draft you have only 1 plan....and if it doesn't work out we are worse off than we are now.

No rookie QB should be starting their first year.

Not in a million years. If Tebow and Newton prove anything its that what is predicted about a rookie is never certain. I am not a fan of giving up everything and then crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. We need to get a QB and if it means putting a deal together to move up a few spots then that is different than giving up the entire draft.

Sign Peyton and get the QB we can to sit behind him for a few years. There is NO better scenario on the planet. We instantly become better and there is a future plan in place. With giving up our whole draft you have only 1 plan....and if it doesn't work out we are worse off than we are now.

No rookie QB should be starting their first year.

This is the most backwards logic I have ever seen.

Manning is done, he is one hit away from being retired not to mention how old he is. You say no rookie QB should be starting their first year. That’s what would happen if we got Manning. Chances are the guy gets injured.

I would give up our whole draft in a heartbeat to get Luck anyone would be crazy not to. Why don’t you look back at the Dolphins last 10 drafts with everyone we drafted and then say would you give up that whole draft to get Luck and the logical answer is yes. How many picks have the Dolphins actually hit on….not many.

Don't the Dolphins have cap room to add a free agent here and there next year? I think they could have a decent team especially with Luck and a coach.

Back
Top Bottom