would you trade our entire draft to indy for the first roun pick? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

would you trade our entire draft to indy for the first roun pick?

They would want more than this year's draft. If Barkley comes out, I sure would be offering a handful of picks to Minnesota

[/B]

This is the most backwards logic I have ever seen.

Manning is done, he is one hit away from being retired not to mention how old he is. You say no rookie QB should be starting their first year. That’s what would happen if we got Manning. Chances are the guy gets injured.

I would give up our whole draft in a heartbeat to get Luck anyone would be crazy not to. Why don’t you look back at the Dolphins last 10 drafts with everyone we drafted and then say would you give up that whole draft to get Luck and the logical answer is yes. How many picks have the Dolphins actually hit on….not many.

So it's less backwards to put all of your eggs in one basket? Yeah, that has paid off for teams so much.
There is nothing more backwards than throwing away your whole draft for one kid. Especially when there are other great QB's available. If he was the only decent QB maybe you consider it for a second, but there are 4 NFL caliber QBs there to choose from.

If you told me that we could trade our whole draft and get Roethlisberger or Eli or someone along those lines that is proven in the league then I'd do it, but to trade an entire draft for an unproven player is unthinkable.

What we really need to happen is we lose out and get the 3rd or 4th overall pick. that way we can just stand pat and draft either Barkley or RG3 and build around him. I honestly don't believe that there is THAT great of a drop off from Luck to these 2 guys.

What we really need to happen is we lose out and get the 3rd or 4th overall pick. that way we can just stand pat and draft either Barkley or RG3 and build around him. I honestly don't believe that there is THAT great of a drop off from Luck to these 2 guys.

There isn't. Maybe not a drop off at all.

This poor kid is being dealt a ridiculous hand. NOONE could ever live up to the hype that is put on him. He has a lot of potential, but it's like the kid has already led his team to 3 SB's in a row...........

So it's less backwards to put all of your eggs in one basket? Yeah, that has paid off for teams so much.
There is nothing more backwards than throwing away your whole draft for one kid. Especially when there are other great QB's available. If he was the only decent QB maybe you consider it for a second, but there are 4 NFL caliber QBs there to choose from.

So I am assuming you didn’t look at any of our drafts. You really need to research the Dolphins draft history and see how many picks we actually hit on each draft.

Let’s look at one example of our 2010 Draft and look at our picks.

Jared Odrick
Koa Misi
John Jerry
A.J. Edds
Nolan Carroll
Reshad Jones
Chris McCoy
Austin Spitler

You wouldn’t trade everyone we drafted for Luck? You’re crazy... Like I said look at the last 10 Dolphins drafts. I would trade every single one of those drafts for Luck.

There are no sure things on QB, but Andrew Luck is the closest thing to a sure thing since Manning.

In a heartbeat, if I thought it would be enough. The colts will want a better package though, 1,2,3 for next 2 years, I would still do that.

No way! How about we use our first on a QB and choose a TE,OL,OLB,FS,CB, and a LB with the rest of the picks. No effing way are we in the position to gamble our whole draft on one player who, with all the hype, is not a sure shot. Luck didn't even win the Heisman after all the hype.

There are no sure things on QB, but Andrew Luck is the closest thing to a sure thing since Manning.

I understand that belief is the source of your feelings on the matter and that makes sense. I however just don't see him as head and shoulders above RGIII and Barkely to go all in for him. There are several good ones in this draft with huge potential. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom