Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen?

Trade for Rosen?

• Yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 165 90.7%

• Total voters

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Reports are that Cardinals May trade Rosen and draft Kyler Murray first overall.

Many people wanted us to potentially move up just last year to draft Rosen, so picking him at 13 with a full year of NFL experience under his belt should actually be viewed positively, but I suspect most wouldn’t view it that way.

But depending on how Grier graded Rosen last year, it might be an interesting tactic. Get one of last year’s top QB prospects at a lower draft position than last year and test him out for the year, and if he sucks real bad be in position to draft a new franchise QB, and if he pans out, don’t need to worry about a QB next year.

Thoughts?

There are more immediate needs on this team. No sense in using the draft capital to get a QB that will be beat up behind the weak OL. They also need DL help before bringing in a "franchise QB".

I still believe it's speculation that Rosen will be traded. I think they keep him.

reports from where that rosen will be traded?

i'll believe it when I see it. as for rosens value if they really do want out with him for murray you might be able to get him for your second rounder and maybe a day 3 pick. maybe a 2nd and a 4th id say

but I wouldn't do it behind miamis o line. not status quo at least

Fact is, with Rosen being a top 10 pick . . . Losing the initial year is a big deal from a salary standpoint and with the struggles he faced has dropped his value.

#13 overall is far too rich to give up for Rosen.

From our current selections, I would be down to use our second.

I don’t think that disqualifies us from 2020 or 2021 and the prospects of taking a QB.

Personally, I’d pull the trigger if it only requires our 2nd and maybe a later day 3 pick.

Less about conviction and more about getting a talented player at the key position on the field. See what you develop.

Fact is, with Rosen being a top 10 pick . . . Losing the initial year is a big deal from a salary standpoint and with the struggles he faced has dropped his value.

#13 overall is far too rich to give up for Rosen.

From our current selections, I would be down to use our second.

I don’t think that disqualifies us from 2020 or 2021 and the prospects of taking a QB.

Personally, I’d pull the trigger if it only requires our 2nd and maybe a later day 3 pick.

Less about conviction and more about getting a talented player at the key position on the field. See what you develop.
You can get him for a third after the draft. If they do go Murray there would be no power to negotiate because one of them becomes expendable. There will be a ton of controversy if they keep both

You can get him for a third after the draft. If they do go Murray there would be no power to negotiate because one of them becomes expendable. There will be a ton of controversy if they keep both

Arizona would only trade him if its for a 2019 pick.

If not, they can hold out for a QB injury later and attempt to trade him then.

Even with Murray, a third would be a non starter if I am Arizona. Rosen’s value hasn’t fallen that far yet . . . .still a talented QB with 3 cheap years left . . . That has a lot of value for a team needing a QB.

The Miami 2nd in a trade IMO wins the trade for Miami. Thats cheap.

Despite the results, over the last few months, I've seen a number of "analysts" who were still high on Rosen, commended him for putting up with all the **** as a good soldier and still maintain he's got the most natural throwing motion.

Yes, Murray signed on with Kliff Kingsbury's agent. Despite protestations, I think Kingsbury who labeled Murray a first pick might want to start fresh with his own guy.

I would definitely shoot craps on Rosen and trade a second and more for him; maybe even a player or two!

Back
Top Bottom