Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen?

Trade for Rosen?

• Yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 165 90.7%

• Total voters
It’s been done different ways.... Wentz, Trubisky, Rosen- teams identified and made moves to acquire.
Other times- Little bit of luck- Wilson, Rodgers, heck Marino... lesser extent Darnold he fell to NYJ (regardless of what he becomes).
No sure fire QB1 in this draft in the Manning/ Luck definition told true QB1.
2019 Tua 95% #1
2020 Lawrence 100% #1

Steve Ross spoke about leadership plenty during the Flores presser.
Rosen does not scream leader to me. Not at all.
Murray for sure more so.
But to me their plan is TUA.

Steve Ross spoke about leadership plenty during the Flores presser.
Rosen does not scream leader to me. Not at all.
Murray for sure more so.
But to me their plan is TUA.

I don’t know why? Doesn’t thrill me waiting 2 drafts hoping we get Tua?

I’m going to chalk this up to First Round Delusion Syndrome - the notion that a player has great potential because of his original draft position, despite having shown themselves to be less than average. This happens to fans and coaches all the time. It’s one thing to be toyed with when you draft someone who flashes but never really reaches their potential, but it’s far worse to take someone who’s already shown themselves to be a bust.

Only FRDS can explain a Dolphins fan actually wanting Rosen, as the only thing Rosen has in his favor is his pre-draft evaluation. It’s settling for someone else’s mistake because you can’t or won’t evaluate and target a QB you believe in and are scared to take a risk. Trading for Rosen would be the ultimate Dolphins move.

Again, just say no.

I’m going to chalk this up to First Round Delusion Syndrome - the notion that a player has great potential because of his original draft position, despite having shown themselves to be less than average. This happens to fans and coaches all the time. It’s one thing to be toyed with when you draft someone who flashes but never really reaches their potential, but it’s far worse to take someone who’s already shown themselves to be a bust.

Only FRDS can explain a Dolphins fan actually wanting Rosen, as the only thing Rosen has in his favor is his pre-draft evaluation. It’s settling for someone else’s mistake because you can’t or won’t evaluate and target a QB you believe in and are scared to take a risk. Trading for Rosen would be the ultimate Dolphins move.

Again, just say no.

Jared Goff posted a 2.82 Any/A his first year in the league and then the following year he led the league.

just because you get draft in 1st rd don't mean you go make team better by your self. some of these young qb go to team to fail. Josh Rosen went to bad team last yr. Ari was terrible. he would of done better on dolphins team. Mohomes went to good team. so did Watson. Tua is on all American football team. everybody good on that team so is Clemson.

Last edited:

Again, just say no.

Agree. It's common for QBs to climb in the draft for no other reason than teams DESPERATELY need a QB. Sure, people (experts?) come up with 'reasons' for the climb, but that doesn't change the fact most of them don't perform like R1 QBs. Then, there are those 'can't miss' guys who miss. But, because there aren't enough NFL starters to go around, teams will still pay big money, hoping the guy will be a top QB for THEIR team.

Again, just say no.

It's also common for rookie QB's to struggle - particularly prospects who are good but not great (like Goff, for example). Rosen's struggles were predictable on a number of levels, but with a better situation, he can be pretty good - never great, though.

I actually thought this time last year that Josh Rosen was the best QB coming out last year. I haven't seen him play enough to think that this was right or wrong. If the people in charge (including the new head coach) are fine with trading for him, I'm good with that.

Sadly the mods won’t let me write the expletives before the NO but there’s a few of em.

It's all relative.

If you can get him on the cheap...

I'm good with it if the plan is not to make him our future. He can hold the reign for a season or two until this regime drafts it's own QB.

I think it would be amazing to have young talent during this transition rather than some vet. Rosen can grow. A vet- not so much.

Say you could grab him for a 3rd. I'd pull the trigger with my eyes still on the prize for 2020/2021.

But I hope a trade is not in play with any team so Murray can wear the Dolphins jersey he's always been destined to wear.

Let me make this perfectly clear …. NO.

IMHO, Josh Rosen is not a good QB or a good gamble. This is the prototype fools-gold. There are a lot of bad QB's with good tools … Rosen is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom