Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen?

Trade for Rosen?

• Yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 165 90.7%

• Total voters
No, I would wait and see if Jones is there in around 2, if we wanted to go that route .... not a huge Rosen fan from what we saw last year .... despite the state of that offense.

IMO, the "consensus" would have been nowhere as overwhelming if other choices like 2nd round, 3rd round, player etc had been options.

I'd try to swing a trade involving Charles Harris, Tannehill, Diva Parker, and a slough of others along with some mid/late round picks first. Arizona needs bodies with numbers on their jersey. Miami has an abundance of those.

Reports are that Cardinals May trade Rosen and draft Kyler Murray first overall.

Many people wanted us to potentially move up just last year to draft Rosen, so picking him at 13 with a full year of NFL experience under his belt should actually be viewed positively, but I suspect most wouldn’t view it that way.

But depending on how Grier graded Rosen last year, it might be an interesting tactic. Get one of last year’s top QB prospects at a lower draft position than last year and test him out for the year, and if he sucks real bad be in position to draft a new franchise QB, and if he pans out, don’t need to worry about a QB next year.

Thoughts?
If the Cardinals were smart, they would keep Rosen and draft another QB if they loved him. It's what the Cowboys did with Troy Aikman and Steve Walsh. The Chargers with Brees and Rivers. You must have a quality QB, as we are all painfully aware. Let them battle it out.

I would for one reason only. My son believes in Josh Rosen and he is probably the best sports mind I know. He just flat out knows sports, it’s how I raised him but he knows his stuff period end of discussion, he is never wrong. He wanted Russell Wilson, Mahomes before the drafts said he would pass on Barkley and many other flops. He could tell you why because of the style of offense their coach prepared them with in NCAA, athleticism, football iQ on and on and he is just never wrong. He also attends UCLA and actually sat next to Rosen in History class Rosen’s last year there. He does not know him personally and did not talk to him as Rosen only attended one class but my son will be a contributor or executive at ESPN or the NFL/NBA TV one day put your money on it and he says Rosen is the real deal if he can stay healthy. His word is good enough for me.

I would for one reason only. My son believes in Josh Rosen and he is probably the best sports mind I know. He just flat out knows sports, it’s how I raised him but he knows his stuff period end of discussion, he is never wrong. He wanted Russell Wilson, Mahomes before the drafts said he would pass on Barkley and many other flops. He could tell you why because of the style of offense their coach prepared them with in NCAA, athleticism, football iQ on and on and he is just never wrong. He also attends UCLA and actually sat next to Rosen in History class Rosen’s last year there. He does not know him personally and did not talk to him as Rosen only attended one class but my son will be a contributor or executive at ESPN or the NFL/NBA TV one day put your money on it and he says Rosen is the real deal if he can stay healthy. His word is good enough for me.
I don’t know you or your son but now I want Rosen too. Seriously.

His only objection is that it’s a rebuild and it is not an offensive minded coaching staff which would hamper his growth. If we had a McVay Rosen would be perfect all day long, but we don’t so it may not be a fit.

He is still a very good prospect and an upgrade for us, no doubt about it. I'd certainly take him over Foles at this point. That pick at thirteen is very rich, so you would have to have a big conviction but if they sweetened the deal with something else, even like a third next year, I'd do it.

I voted NO and I liked Rosen better then all the other guys last year but I wasn't particularly in love with any of them. I would love to acquire him for pennies on the dollar. That said, a 1st or 2nd round pick aren't pennies.

Arizona would have very little leverage coupled with a rather small pool of teams that would have any interest. Maybe Ryan Tannehill can be their opening day starter with Murray waiting in the wings?

It's going to be a topic of conversation from now until the draft, unless AZ moves out of the No.1 spot before then.

There is an overabundance of "franchise" QB's and prospects right now in the NFL, although the list of teams that need QB's changes so quickly. New Orleans and New England could easily sneak into the equation at any moment when it comes to acquiring young QB talent.

Washington, like us, is in no man's land right now. They could be a team to move up to No.1 or bypass this year's crop all together with an eye on 2020. They have the bleakest outlook IMO, as a franchise.

Is Denver out of the mix for 2019? What will happen with Foles? I am pretty sure the Eagles would've let him just become a FA if not for NYG and WAS sitting there with a big need. They really don't want to deal with the PR mess of facing him twice a year.

My offer to Arizona: Ryan Tannehill, 2019 3rd and a 2020 conditional 4th. If he starts the first and last game of the 2019 season, I'll make it a 3rd. If he starts in the playoffs, I'll make it a 2nd.

And just to be clear, we can make the deal with or without RT, I just want to see him playing in 2019. Maybe playing in that stadium will reverse his bad luck considering he was having the best game of his career when he got hurt against the Cards in 2016.

He is still a very good prospect and an upgrade for us, no doubt about it. I'd certainly take him over Foles at this point. That pick at thirteen is very rich, so you would have to have a big conviction but if they sweetened the deal with something else, even like a third next year, I'd do it.

No question I'd rather have Rosen's potential than whatever Nick Foles is, as well. 13th pick is certainly too valuable to move for JR. I am not sure I'd do it even if I got back pick 33. I'd like to steal him.

Miami just has to do their due diligence. Brian Flores is/was/always will be a scout at heart. Wouldn't take him too long to evaluate Rosen and decide whether anything is there he can build on or not?

Do the Giants, Was or Jax sniff around Rosen? That will obviously determine his value.

There will be a little more clarity once Foles finds a new home.

Cincy is another wild card in the QB convo. Mike Brown doesn't like change so hard to figure them out.

Does Dwayne Haskins possibly fall through the cracks if Arizona keeps Rosen and takes a non QB No.1.

Uh no

We have Arizona over a barrel - if they don’t want Rosen it won’t need to cost a first - if they want Murray they have little leverage think Garropolo he was a steal and he had produced some still he went later than he should have

I'd try to swing a trade involving Charles Harris, Tannehill, Diva Parker, and a slough of others along with some mid/late round picks first. Arizona needs bodies with numbers on their jersey. Miami has an abundance of those.
So you approve of Rosen Slimm?

Back
Top Bottom