Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Our First Round Pick For Josh Rosen?

Trade for Rosen?

• Yes

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • No

Votes: 165 90.7%

• Total voters
So you approve of Rosen Slimm?

Well, I do like Rosen, Vaark. Although I wouldn't trade my 1st round pick for him if I were Miami - and not because I don't think he's worth the 13th pick in this draft. It's because either the Cardinals believe he's the guy or they don't. If they do, it doesn't matter what you offer - they ain't taking it.

If they don't - then Miami has other avenues to pursue in a trade without giving up that #13 pick. Furthermore, if they don't believe he's the guy based only on his rookie season where he was surrounded by nothing, and after they traded up to secure him, then what does that say about the Cardinals and their evaluations?

I had a high grade on Rosen "on the field". My trepidation with Rosen was more personality based - which is a big time factor for quarterbacks. He reminded me a lot of Matt Ryan as a prospect. Very smooth, accurate passer with great footwork and pocket movement. But didn't have that competitive fire of Matt Ryan. I didn't grade Rosen as a franchise quarterback the way I did Darnold and Josh Allen....I don't have that strong of a conviction on many quarterbacks.

Eli Manning, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck. Those are the only 4 quarterbacks I had that strong of a conviction on in the past 15 years or so. I felt that conviction with Darnold and Josh Allen also.

If people don't think Rosen is any good based only on looking at stats from his rookie season, that's one thing. However, I think it'd be hard to convince a lot of evaluators of that based on his rookie tape. It tells a different story.

i wish this thread name would change and drop "our first round pick"

I think like many others have said, I would gladly have Rosen in on our competition at a reasonable price of either a DVP swap or a Day 3 pick. But I'm not giving up 13 for Rosen.

i wish this thread name would change and drop "our first round pick"

I think like many others have said, I would gladly have Rosen in on our competition at a reasonable price of either a DVP swap or a Day 3 pick. But I'm not giving up 13 for Rosen.
Good point on the first sentence but that trade is absurd. A more realistic trade would be something that includes our 2nd or Rosen and there 2nd for our first. Ariz drafted him at like 9 and traded up for him

Good point on the first sentence but that trade is absurd. A more realistic trade would be something that includes our 2nd or Rosen and there 2nd for our first. Ariz drafted him at like 9 and traded up for him

i look at draft picks a lot like cars. The car has very high value until the second you drive it off the lot, then the value starts depreciating.

i look at draft picks a lot like cars. The car has very high value until the second you drive it off the lot, then the value starts depreciating.

Thats a terrible way to look at it.

Cars lose value because you are putting miles on them and eventually the warranty will run out.

Players actually get better as they begin to enter the prime of their careers.

By that logic Peyton Manning’s rookie season would of had you given up a 2nd or 3rd to acquire him.

I agree with the other poster . . . .a day 3 pick is absurd and who cares if it the 13 pick as long as you have the comviction that Rosen can be your franchise star.

But you should be able to do better than that if AZ drsfted a QB #1 overall and would be looking to deal.

I’m thinking they pivot away from options that don’t seem to have a plan b vs pressure

That’s part of the reason we always struggle vs physical fronts

Pretty good article (IMO) on Rosen's value based on comparables. Ten most comparable quarterbacks to Rosen for all quarterbacks who threw at least 224 passes during their rookie year since 1978 were, in order:

Blaine Gabbert
Blake Bortles
Kyle Boller
Steve Fuller
Matt Stafford
Deshone Kizer
Sam Darnold
Jarod Goff
Ryan Leaf
Josh Freeman

Stafford and Goff (assuming he continues on his trajectory) would be considered 'successes' I would say in terms of being worth a mid round first roun pick. Darnold is TBD. The others...not so much.

By comparison, quarterbacks considered 'successes' (as defined as guys who had at least a few seasons as an above average starter in the league) who were drafted between 6 and 18 hit 13 out of 30 times.

Obviously very limited sample space, but based on the very limited sample of play that Rosen has had, his play has him more comparable to a late first to mid second round value in trade, who have shown to be considered successful about 30% of the time.

https://thebiglead.com/2019/02/13/josh-rosen-trade-value-prospects-arizona-similar-players/

If Arizona doesnt want him you wont need to offer a first.

I would absolutely trade for him, but never a high pick.

For a 6th round pick, sure why not, a 1st, no way in hell. He looked totally lost last year. Cardinals really stepped in it with Rosen. Reminds me of when we took Tannehill, just obvious from game 1 he wasnt someone who could be trusted as a starting QB.

Keeping Tannehill for 7 years will go down in history as possibly the bumbest decision the Dolphins have ever made.

Back
Top Bottom