Would you trade our first... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade our first...

Lefthanded24

Practice Squad
Reaction score
to a team like Atlanta or Chicago (well anyone ahead of the steelers) for their first and third. Then Draft Pouncey. I think this would be best case scenario. Then RB then Corner.

Using the trade value chart, our pick is worth 1050 points, so to trade back to the 28th pick would be 660 points and their 3rd would be another 132points equalling 792. The difference is 258 points which equals another top 5 3rd round pick. If Atlanta would give up their 2nd round pick they still would be short, 960points which equals at least another 4th round pick. This is not law but why give our pick away for cheap, we would be selling our team short when we're suppose to be maximizing the draft.

A trade back for anything less then a 2nd would be a mistake in my books.

It has to be a 2nd. Plus it cant be with a team past 25. But you are thinking on the right line. Trade down. Grab Pouncey in the mid 20s and the go for BA in the second.

i would only trade down if Gabbert and Newton were gone. Yes, there is a possibility they might fall to us. IF one of those guys is sitting there when we pick at 15 then I think you need to consider taking him. If they're gone, trade down and take Pouncey

Back
Top Bottom