Would you trade our next year's second? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade our next year's second?

Would you trade our next year's second?

• I would do that trade.

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • I would do some other trade.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • I wouldn't trade it.

Votes: 31 68.9%

• Total voters
Well, since you asked so nicely, yeah, obviously, for Derrick Henry (less 6 mil covered by Tennessee) and a 6th or 7th in return.

Done.

PS...if the "likes" bar overflows...just send exuberant replies.

Last edited:
It’s not inconceivable even with lack of full ‘24 picks. To move up 20 spots would cost this year’s 3rd and next year’s 2nd, but could could also yield a R4.24.

The theoretical #64 pick in this year’s draft is worth 270 points. All things equal, and ruling out trading Miami’s R1.24 pick (which would have an average adjusted value of 420 points), what could the Dolphins offer of equal value? Remember, Miami does not have R3-R4.24 picks.

It would take a deal like this to balance value:

Miami trades:
  • R3.23 (170 points)
  • R2.24 (adj. to 3rd 190/points)
Miami receives:
  • R2.23 (270 points)
  • R4.24 (adj 90 points)
What would be nice is if Cedric Wilson could be dangled as part of the calculus of balancing the offer.

Hell, Miami could then parlay their two 2nd rounders (360+270=630) into the bottom of R1 for TEs like Mayer or Washington.

1679597741023.png

It’s not inconceivable even with lack of full ‘24 picks. To move up 20 spots would cost this year’s 3rd and next year’s 2nd, but could could also yield a R4.24.

The theoretical #64 pick in this year’s draft is worth 270 points. All things equal, and ruling out trading Miami’s R1.24 pick (which would have an average adjusted value of 420 points), what could the Dolphins offer of equal value? Remember, Miami does not have R3-R4.24 picks.

It would take a deal like this to balance value:

Miami trades:
  • R3.23 (170 points)
  • R2.24 (adj. to 3rd 190/points)
Miami receives:
  • R2.23 (270 points)
  • R4.24 (adj 90 points)
What would be nice is if Cedric Wilson could be dangled as part of the calculus of balancing the offer.

Hell, Miami could then parlay their two 2nd rounders (360+270=630) into the bottom of R1 for TEs like Mayer or Washington.

View attachment 138851

What about adding Iggybananas as part of the trade package?

Rarely am I willing to trade up... and that's what trading future picks is doing-- spending future capital for earlier picks.
I'm a MUCH bigger proponent of trading down and picking up extra picks. Every drafted player is a bust risk, and I will usually take two players from the next lower round than one player from this round, believing that two players with a slightly lower projected rate is actually a better risk than one player with a larger % rate of success.

This does NOT imply that 15 7th round picks is better than one 1st. The trick is to not trade too far down.

I won't fly to LV when I'm 6 hrs (Max (depending how much caffeine I consume) by car.

p.s. Rural Utah is like deliverance country w/ less trees and a different accent by the yokels ROFLMAO
We'll be expecting you though. Last person to Spearmint Rhino buys the next round.

We could get say, Bergeron, Whyple and Kraft at #84! Send next year's 2nd, this year's #194 and #238.

McD and Fangio know who they want and who they hope drops. I can see that happening this draft at TE, OG and CB with LB on D. I can see trading up as wel as trading down. For the first time in many years I would trust their judgement F they see the right guy.

For example, IF the 6'7" 270 pound TE Washington is there at #40 but looks like he will go at 46, I move up.

Conversely, no one they really want in area 51, move down.

Back
Top Bottom