Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seahawks for two 2nd rounders?

Would you trade Reggie Bush to Seatle for two 2nd rounders?

• Total voters
If we aren't worried about winning this year, then yes. He is one of the best players on our offense, even if it is an easily replaceable position.

If we aren't worried about winning this year

We are probably going to be rolling out David Garrard as our starting QB. Think about that, then think about what you just said.

Sorry man, the answer is yes, of course...but it has a zero percent chance of happening. There's no way the Seahawks trade two 2nd round picks for a guy on his final year of contract that we just picked up a year ago for a song. I'm not saying they wouldn't make an offer. They might. But it won't be two 2nd round picks, IMO.

They're going to want to see this process with Marshawn Lynch play out anyway because they paid him a lot of money. He was suspended in 2009 for 3 games. Usually the next step after that would be 6 to 8 games. Some people believe Goodell could be lenient with him for staying clean for 3 years. I'm not so sure.

DcRy82 said "It doesn't matter what we are targeting in the next draft. It doesn't matter how much money he demands next year. And it doesn't matter if he rushes for another 1,000+ yards. To be able to get two 2nd round picks for arguably the most easily replaceable position in the NFL, you take that and RUN. That being said, I could never see that happening."

I don't see how you can say that quality RB play is easily replaceable. Things may be different now in the NFL, but throughout the Marino years
the lack of a quality running back and defense
are the very reasons we could not win enough to get to a Superbowl. So many times we would easily run up the score on our opponents, only to find we didn't have a clock eating running game nor a defense that could be counted on to stop average offenses from catching up. I'm very doubtful that we should give up Reggie Bush unless we KNOW we have a quality replacement for him.

No way they'd trade that for Bush. They'd be insane. I'd give Bush up for one second.

Would hate to see Reggie go, but for two 2nd round picks I would definitely make that trade. Won't happen, and I hope the Dolphins re-sign him after the season.

I doubt if they would give up 2 2nd rounders for Reggie. That is not even realistic.

What kind of stupid question is this? You just making up stuff. Not even realistic.

First we trade Marshall and now some fans want to trade our best offensive weapon??? And who will, be the 1st to talk $***T that we have no talent???

Sorry man, the answer is yes, of course...but it has a zero percent chance of happening. There's no way the Seahawks trade two 2nd round picks for a guy on his final year of contract that we just picked up a year ago for a song. I'm not saying they wouldn't make an offer. They might. But it won't be two 2nd round picks, IMO.

They're going to want to see this process with Marshawn Lynch play out anyway because they paid him a lot of money. He was suspended in 2009 for 3 games. Usually the next step after that would be 6 to 8 games. Some people believe Goodell could be lenient with him for staying clean for 3 years. I'm not so sure.

Wanted to point out that Goodell had no problem suspending Jason Ferguson for 8 games for his second bad drug test...11 years or so after his first. While they are stricter about drug testing suspensions, this is the second DUI related incident with Lynch. I wouldnt be surprised if Goodell comes down hard on him.

And two second round picks for a 27 year old running back with previous injuries? Ugh, that would be a complete steal. Would never happen, but if someone was stupid enough to do so you pull the trigger.

Nobody would ever give us two 2nd round picks for Reggie Bush, they would be absolutely high off their ass to give up that much for a guy like Reggie.

I'd probably trade him for a 3rd, and I'd be kinda surprised if we even got that much. Reggie is a back who relies almost solely on speed, for a 27 year old he has a lot of wear and tear on his tires, he's almost never stayed healthy and he's going into a contract year. This has become a passing league and backs that can give you just over 1000 yards are a dime a dozen if u have a half decent offensive line. Reggie Bush isn't nearly as indispensable as some think.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Wanted to point out that Goodell had no problem suspending Jason Ferguson for 8 games for his second bad drug test...11 years or so after his first. While they are stricter about drug testing suspensions, this is the second DUI related incident with Lynch. I wouldnt be surprised if Goodell comes down hard on him.

And two second round picks for a 27 year old running back with previous injuries? Ugh, that would be a complete steal. Would never happen, but if someone was stupid enough to do so you pull the trigger.

Yeah, you never know. After all, somebody was stupid enough to trade a 2nd for AJ Feeley.

Nobody would ever give us two 2nd round picks for Reggie Bush, they would be absolutely high off their ass to give up that much for a guy like Reggie.

I'd probably trade him for a 3rd, and I'd be kinda surprised if we even got that much. Reggie is a back who relies almost solely on speed, for a 27 year old he has a lot of wear and tear on his tires, he's almost never stayed healthy and he's going into a contract year. This has become a passing league and backs that can give you just over 1000 yards are a dime a dozen if u have a half decent offensive line. Reggie Bush isn't nearly as indispensable as some think.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Yeah, you never know. After all, somebody was stupid enough to trade a 2nd for AJ Feeley.

That made me chuckle....and caused me to die alittle bit inside.

Absolutely. Every reason you listed makes sense, but it really depends a lot on Lamar / Thomas

Back
Top Bottom