Would you trade this year's first for a first next year.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade this year's first for a first next year....

tonyz

Rookie
Reaction score
...and a shot at one of the top QB's that are coming out next year? (since we have little chance at one of the top QB's this year)

If you do it it has to be to a team that has a good shot of having a top three pick plus something else.

I'd do it. A lot of people have faith in Moore and if that is the same feeling of the next coaching staff, let them try it. Next year's quarterback class has the potential to be amazing with some of the best prospects at the position that I've seen in awhile.

The problem with exchanging this year's pick for next years is there is no guarantee that the team we trade with is going to have an early pick. If we traded with a team like Indy, St. Louis or the Vikings, any of these teams could have a decent year and we could end up outside of the top five or top ten. Ireland did nothing last year when we could have taken Mallett. We also could have taken Andy Dalton who looks like a very solid rookie QB. We keep kicking the can down the road in getting a franchise QB.

I hope we trade up this year, so we can get Luck or RG3, if not i hope we get Claiborne,..............

If you have two first round picks next year, it gives you a lot of options including trading up to number one.

...and a shot at one of the top QB's that are coming out next year? (since we have little chance at one of the top QB's this year)
IN A SECOND!!!
I say we trade down, swap picks, trade players, do whatever we have to do to acquire more ammo for next years draft. Let Moore play next season and come April we finally grab our QB for the future.

why? so that idiot ierland can draft another cornfed lineman

Why would any coach coming in to Miami for their first year want to trade a high 1st round pick and player who could potentially help the team, for an uncertain pipe dream next year? It doesn't make sense, especially with the short tenures of coaches that don't win.

It couldn't just be a straight swap. I could see trading down with a team like the Rams for the 34th pick in the second round and their 1st & 2nd next year. Point is that as much as you might want to stockpile picks next year trading a top 10 pick this year for a pick that could be in the bottom 10 next just makes no sense.

It's almost guaranteed Minnesota picks top 5 next year.

I agree with the Atlanta/Cleveland scenario... but prefer a trade down that will net us a low first this year, say a 3rd and 4th this year and a 2 next year.

Back
Top Bottom