Would You Trade Up For This Guy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Trade Up For This Guy

miamiron

Active Roster
Reaction score
I'd hand over my girlfriend and a year's salary to land this guy. And I've been promoting a deal to trade up for his since August. He was the best player in all of college football last season.

Write it down...

BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT

122909berryposter_t300-1.jpg

I am not a big fan of trading up in the draft but if i were to for anyone in this draft he would be it. But i would only do it if we could put a player in the deal to replace a draft pick. I hate losing multiple draft picks for one player.

I'd be interested in trading up for Berry, but not if it cost us picks next year (great draft next year). Without a salary cap, the value of draft picks is somewhat diminished, since their value is chiefly monetary given their play (in other words, they're not better on the field, just better for the money). Without a cap, you can stock up on players from anywhere and not have to worry about prohibitive veteran minimums wrecking your numbers.

If there's one knock on Berry...it's that he doesn't always wrap up...

Sometimes he'll have a tendancy to go for a big hit with his shoulder and not wrap up.....I saw him try it on Ben Tate and he bounced off of him like a knat while Tate kept running....he's going to have to wrap up on these backs in the NFL...

He also had a little trouble against VT in recognizing where the football was at times....for example....Kiffin had him up at the LOS for containment (I think Kiffin sensed a reverse coming...and he was right)....Berry had trouble locating where the football was.....Dyrell Roberts literally ran right by him with the football for about a 30 yard gain.....Berry had no clue where the football was...

Like I said....I've never seen a perfect prospect....all these guys have knocks if you look hard enough...

That said....I wouldn't want to pay a safety top 5 money....but I would entertain a trade up for him after that depending on what it was going to cost...

Most definitely. Especially if he slides out of the Top 5. I say Parcells puts in a call to Pioli to see what he wants for 5. Especially since Seattle and Cleveland need Safety help as well.

Hell yes. Berry, Sean Smith and Vontae Davis in the same secondary??? That's prospectively about as good of a secondary as it gets.

And Dansby, a NT in FA? OLB or TE in the 3rd and 4th? Sounds like a plan...
And if only there was a possible #1 WR out there NOT named Dez Bryant too...

spending multiple picks to add to the secondary is a rediculous idea

our LB's are awful and we have no pass rush

a great secondary with no pass rush would be a huge waste

draft pass rushers until the cows come home and give our young CB's some real help

I love Berry but I'm not using a 2nd to trade up for him. If you haven't noticed, this team is full of holes. Giving away high draft picks to trade up is stupid.

Nope. I'd rather have Earl Thomas and Sean Weatherspoon/Demaryius Thomas than just Eric Berry.

Back
Top Bottom