Would you trade X for two first round picks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade X for two first round picks?

Why would a bottom dweller trade 2 #1's for X? If your a contender 1 player away from a SB run you pick late. I love the guy but I do a trade for 2x#1's

If this year’s pick is a high enough to draft Surtain or Farley the answer is an easy “Yes.“

Why would a bottom dweller trade 2 #1's for X? If your a contender 1 player away from a SB run you pick late. I love the guy but I do a trade for 2x#1's

I think I worded it wrong. The bottom dweller wouldn't make the trade because they would be in position to draft one of the top CBs if needed.
True, but you gave the Titans as an example. They aren't exactly bottom dwellers.

I meant a team that wasn't a bottom dweller and feels is only a player or two away would make the trade.

2 1-st rounders, unfortunately, X is gone if it were up to me.

Love the player and he was amazing this year..but not to sound negative, I'm expecting a moderate to significant drop in production next year..

I mean, given his injury history, he himself stated his knee will never be the same. Obviously, didn't affect his performance this season, but long-term it's still a huge concern

With the Jets or Hou if Watson leave, may be.
Middle of the first wouldn't do it for me.

No I wouldn't but I have no doubt in my mind that FO will try. Both Ramsey and Adams were younger than X will be without the big contract and not the history of injuries. 2 firsts is a stretch, not saying it's not possible but I doubt we could get that.

No. Give away the best ballhawk in the league for 2 unknown players.
Jamar Fletcher anyone ?.
Build the team around Tua and keep our players

I understand this is a hypothetical question. So it doesn’t matter what I will do, but just think about this, we were close to being a playoff team this year. With an improved offense(and play at QB), we should compete next year.

If this defense comes back as is next year, I expect us to come back to earth a little bit. We weren’t top 5 caliber. Go look at the yards given up. We lived off turnovers, and you would be taking away our best cover guy and really only play maker. We would immediately be a bottom half defense with just X gone. That ain’t going to get it done.

Miami does a trade for two 1st rounders for a meh LT doesnt mean thats a normal occurrence.

Jalen Ramsey got first round picks for him, but he's a different breed of corner

Back
Top Bottom