Would you trade X for two first round picks? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade X for two first round picks?

Sure. Or we can draft Kyle Pitts and Parsons. Way to glass is empty that one there!
Reality is that half of the picks are essentially garbage. You're in all likelihood getting 1 player who is good, but chances are super high they're not going to be as good as Xavien Howard.

Reality is that half of the picks are essentially garbage. You're in all likelihood getting 1 player who is good, but chances are super high they're not going to be as good as Xavien Howard.
The argument is that X isn't getting any younger. At some point there's going to be fall off so get the most you can while he's the desirability zenith.

The argument is that X isn't getting any younger. At some point there's going to be. fall off so get the most you can while he's the desirability zenith.
Ok but you don't do that after a DPoY caliber season. You're essentially saying that your team will never getting any great seasons out of anybody older than 28 and you'll never win anything with that strategy.

Ok but you don't do that after a DPoY caliber season. You're essentially saying that your team will never getting any great seasons out of anybody older than 28 and you'll never win anything with that strategy.
Um, that's exactly when BB does it and it seems to work well. Good teams can anticipate fall off and trade their blue chips right before they start to decline. Bad teams keep them.

Um, that's exactly when BB does it and it seems to work well. Good teams can anticipate fall off and trade their blue chips right before they start to decline. Bad teams keep them.
It worked well when he had the greatest QB ever underpaid. How'd that work out this year?

Also, got any recent examples similar to Xavien Howard level play?

PS: NE signed Revis at 29 to the highest CB contract in the NFL.

It worked well when he had the greatest QB ever underpaid. How'd that work out this year?

Also, got any recent examples similar to Xavien Howard level play?

PS: NE signed Revis at 29 to the highest CB contract in the NFL.
Sure. His production is through the roof right now. The point was when we can see a decline coming, move them for a good amount of draft capital. Maybe it's next year or the year after.

Sure. His production is through the roof right now. The point was when we can see a decline coming, move them for a good amount of draft capital. Maybe it's next year or the year after.
That's fine, but as for now give him his guaranteed money in the next couple years, make him the highest paid corner like he deserves, and then worry about trading him next year or the year after when his performance starts to slip.

All I'm saying is that right now isn't the time. Make your best player happy and walk into next season feeling good. It's really not that difficult in my eyes.

That's fine, but as for now give him his guaranteed money in the next couple years, make him the highest paid corner like he deserves, and then worry about trading him next year or the year after when his performance starts to slip.

All I'm saying is that right now isn't the time. Make your best player happy and walk into next season feeling good. It's really not that difficult in my eyes.
No. He gets paid what he is currently paid. He doesn't get less when he doesn't make Ints and is injured. He doesn't get more because he did. The arrow goes both ways not just up.

No. He gets paid what he is currently paid. He doesn't get less when he doesn't make Ints and is injured. He doesn't get more because he did. The arrow goes both ways not just up.
When he can get cut at any time and for any reason, the arrow isn't just up. Sorry.

When he can get cut at any time and for any reason, the arrow isn't just up. Sorry.
Ok Mr. Union Rep. It's just free money try to take it all! Let's make our cap money smaller to improve the team to continue the spiral of insanity of bloated payroll for one player.

Ok Mr. Union Rep. It's just free money try to take it all! Let's make our cap money smaller to improve the team to continue the spiral of insanity of bloated payroll for one player.
I'm sorry you think this is Madden and every actual real life human being should undersell themselves for your amusement.

I'm sorry you think this is Madden and every actual real life human being should undersell themselves for your amusement.
Oh, I'm sure he just needs the extra millions for actually doing his job. DO you have a job? When you do it do you get paid more? No, it's the expectation. He had bonuses in his contract I'm certain. He needs a bonus on top of the bonus? Lots of holes to fill.

Oh, I'm sure he just needs the extra millions for actually doing his job. DO you have a job? When you do it do you get paid more? No, it's the expectation. He had bonuses in his contract I'm certain. He needs a bonus on top of the bonus? Lots of holes to fill.
When I do my job well I routinely push for raises and promotions.

I'm sorry you don't do the same. Oh well. At least your place of employment gets more profits. They must like you.

Back
Top Bottom