Would you trade X for two first round picks? | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade X for two first round picks?

Yeah in a heartbeat.

he is getting older.
He gets injured a bunch.
Cash out while you can - plus you clear cap space - plus Flo coaches guys up in our secondary.
The Dolphins Tunsil Trade showed our fan base the wisdom of using draft assets to build now and into the future.
X - he’s a great corner - but he gets injured A LOT. I think this season was his first that he did not miss games bc of injury in many years.

If it gets me Deshawn Watson I absolutely do. Now I still have draft capital to build the team. But it’s just a fantasy.

The entire defensive scheme is predicated on dbs who can play man. Without X, our entire defensive scheme is destroyed.

Also what does it say about the dolphins culture. If you're an exceptional talent in this team, you're probably gone (M. Fitzpatrick, tunsil). Not a good look.

Perhaps for another discussion but I actually believe our defensive playbook needs some changes . Putting dbs on an island in clutch game situations is never a good idea over the long run.

Both players were moved after ownership decided on a path forward.

And while I had zero issues with the Tunsil trade, the Minkah trade still chaff my nuts. Nevermind the Rosen waste.

But within the lense of a complete rebuild, it didn't stop FAs or draft picks from wanting to play for Miami.

After some thought, I have changed my mind, yes I would but nothing less than 2 firsts. Reasons are the contract is trade friendly and although he was iron man in terms of fitness last season, this is far from the norm. But not taking anything less 2 firsts because the skill set is so hard to find.

I know Howard is our best player and an All Pro, but everyone has their price. He may be looking for a pay increase and we have a lot of money tied up in our secondary. If a team like the Titans, who feel they are close, made an offer of 1st this year and 1st next year would you do it? Ramsey and Adams both got traded for 2 firsts.

Let it be clear I'm not saying we should be looking for a trade, but we weren't looking to trade Tunsil either.
The thing that does it for me is his injury history combined with his demand for more money, which I totally understand from his point of view. But from the team‘s POV, if you could get 2 firsts for him, I think that would be a good deal. Otherwise, let’s say we give him $20 mil per, and then he blows out his knee or what have you.

The Jets traded Jamal Adams to the Seahawks for 2 1st and a 3. Howard is a more complete player than Adams I really could see us sending him with Tua and our 2022 third for Watson. Houston gets a star and a future qb. We get a sure thing qb we can build around. We only hope Iggy learned a lot from him this yr. We could trade down slightly get Parsons,waddle and maybe pitts Javone Smith in the 2nd. Scary with Watson at qb

Even though he is a phenomenal player when healthy, yes I would because he is frequently injured and he will soon sit out if not given a new contract and every year he does well he will hold out and demand a newer bigger contract.

When your CB makes a case for DPOY, you don't get rid of him.

When your CB makes a case for DPOY, you don't get rid of him.

OH yes you do! THat's the best time to get greatest compensation for him.

This is a business! Howard is not likely to command more later than he can now.

OH yes you do! THat's the best time to get greatest compensation for him.

This is a business! Howard is not likely to command more later than he can now.
That's not the point, bro. His 8 turnovers are like half the reason we had a winning season. You can't replace that so easily. He's not even in his prime, so he could give us 2-3 seasons before we think about trading him. The Jaguars traded Ramsey because he was a cancer and their team is totally garbage. We just had a 10-6 season and missed the playoffs by a game, getting shredded by the Bills passing attack. You don't get stronger by getting weaker.

That's not the point, bro. His 8 turnovers are like half the reason we had a winning season. You can't replace that so easily. He's not even in his prime, so he could give us 2-3 seasons before we think about trading him. The Jaguars traded Ramsey because he was a cancer and their team is totally garbage. We just had a 10-6 season and missed the playoffs by a game, getting shredded by the Bills passing attack. You don't get stronger by getting weaker.

He’s not in his prime? Lol! How old do you think X is? Do you realize he plays in the secondary and that’s not like playing QB getting near age 30.

X has at best 2-3 more years of dominance the it starts to decline fast for his position.

Now is the best time to try and squeeze a 1st and at the very least high 2nd for him.

Back
Top Bottom