Would you welcome Juice back? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you welcome Juice back?

U welcome back.. u still better than what we got here...I dont care about money in nfl .it not mind and these players today are going get paid..

Gotta wonder how people evaluate talent. This is not even close to reality.

I wouldn't bring him back. Don't need the attitude, the penalties, the salary or that style of play anymore.

He’s a very good player, but I didn’t think he was worth the money he got. Other than his penalty’s I really don’t like seeing players acting like they made a game winning play. When they make a 3rd and 4 catch getting the first down. Then you look at the score and you are down by 21 with 7 minutes left in the game.

My problem with Jarvis is he's just not worth the money he'll command. He's very good at what he does, unfortunately what he does is very limited. He gets paid like Hopkins and Evans, but he plays like Cole Beasley.

The money isn't much of an issue. If hes traded after next season he'll be essentially on a one year prove it deal with the team being able to walk away, keep him for one more year, or extend him and lower the cap hit after the first season. If after those two years hes looking for another 75 mil then you let him walk.

We can all hope this is a moot point and the one thing Flores hasn't brought from New England is their terrible track record of grooming wideouts. Ideally the solution is found from within and a year from now we're all thrilled with what is here already.

I'd take Landry back next year for an incentive based deal. He would still be a fan favorite. The organization needs more franchise faces.

Not for what Cleveland is paying him.

He is a possession receiver.

Big money should only go to the guys who score TD's.

And even then I am not wild about expensive WR's.

Loved Juice. But he doesn't find the end zone as much as I would hope for. Of course that could be due to the defense knowing he was our only weapon as that was back when DP was dogging it before he found himself last year. Would love him back at the right price.

Oh yeah! Sure Flores would love the guy quitting(or going ape **** crazy, or taking PFs, or... take your pick) because he aint getting the ball enough... Just no way he takes enough of a pay cut to make it worthwhile anyway so its kinda moot...
Why would he take pay cut??
Gotta wonder how people evaluate talent. This is not even close to reality.

I wouldn't bring him back. Don't need the attitude, the penalties, the salary or that style of play anymore.
Ok

I've said it before and I'll say it again, when you are a rebuilding team the only veterans you want are guys who are going to teach the youngsters to do things right. That means people who know how to grind, people who know how to instill discipline, people who help the youngsters learn their craft and avoid penalties. Guys who can make the guys in their position group better players. That's not the guys who want the glory, that's guys like Cam Wake, guys like Kyle Van Noy, etc. And the best ones to get are the role players who can fill a temporary hole in the lineup while still filling a huge hole in leadership. I just don't see Landry as that guy.

Jarvis Landry is a guy who wants to win, but has a very me-first mentality--he wants targets and catches like every diva receiver ... and he is a diva receiver. He wants BIG MONEY, and he'll sell out every team to get it. He left us for a big pay day ... not a chance for a ring. He's not going to settle for being a role player or a cog in the system. And he definitely isn't going to be the guy who makes the WR room better, because they're taking HIS targets.

Good player, but not worth the price he'll demand. Not really a good fit for a rebuilding team. He showed us no love when he left and just used us to maximize his paycheck and vilify the Dolphins coaching staff and organization. Well ... no thanks. He's a solid player with an exceptionally high price tag ... and that's not how you rebuild a young team.

Yeah if he signed a don’t do stupid **** clause. Wr is the least of our needs though.

Because he isn't worth what he is making. Not to us, and probably not to any other team either.
Ok that man been To 4 or 5 pro bowl and u saying he ain't worth 14 million.. wr are getting 20 million now..stop worring about how much money players are making. Let GM figure that out

I would have to say no, mainly based on the argument of his pay rate and his other major wart, slow for the NFL. As much as I do not like Gase, what I remember is he wanted "to be paid" top wide receiver pay. Well he got that in Cleveland.

I would say that boat has sailed. The wide receivers that came out this year were no fluke. They are the product of a much improved better development system which starts in high school. Miami would be much better served going young
through the draft in this position.

Back
Top Bottom