Would you welcome Juice back? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you welcome Juice back?

In a heartbeat. He would do some serious damage in the slot with Parker and Williams on the outside. Perfect plug there.

Always been a huge fan.... his issues here were 99.9% Adam Gase.

Yes but at the right price. Best pure football player the Dolphins have drafted since Jake Long

Ok that man been To 4 or 5 pro bowl and u saying he ain't worth 14 million.. wr are getting 20 million now..stop worring about how much money players are making. Let GM figure that out

These are the top paid WRs.

Landry isn't in that class.

You act like there is an unlimited amount of money. There is a salary cap, and mismanagement of it is very harmful to the franchise. You are right, it's not my money, but you don't build a winning franchise by overpaying.

Julio Jones
$66,000,000$22,000,000
Amari Cooper$100,000,000$20,000,000
Michael Thomas$96,250,000$19,250,000
A.J. Green$18,171,000$18,171,000
Tyreek Hill$54,000,000$18,000,000

These are the top paid WRs.

Landry isn't in that class.

You act like there is an unlimited amount of money. There is a salary cap, and mismanagement of it is very harmful to the franchise. You are right, it's not my money, but you don't build a winning franchise by overpaying.

Julio Jones
$66,000,000$22,000,000
Amari Cooper$100,000,000$20,000,000
Michael Thomas$96,250,000$19,250,000
A.J. Green$18,171,000$18,171,000
Tyreek Hill$54,000,000$18,000,000
NFL is business first. Players are not trying take pay cut anymore.. I would take him but I am not Gm

I would love to have Landry back at a reasonable salary. He brings ferociousness to the position and would be amazing for a young QB's confidence. Assuming Tua is who we hope he can be, a short attack with Landry could be far more potent than Brady to Welker.

Nah. Ship has sailed. Very few, if any, teams w guys who demand too much of the offense go through them win the SB. I can’t think of one off of the top of my head. Jarvis won’t do well attitude wise if he’s not getting 200 targets.

I'm not going to blame a dude for wanting to get paid as much money as he can possibly get. I think at the point in time at the state of the franchise he was cancerous to what they were trying to achieve. He clashed with coach, didn't buy in, and didn't fall in line.

However I think he gave everything he had on every single play and loved watching him play.

I think some maturity and right price tag the door would be open but I'll say it's unlikely due to the fact I believe 2021 draft will lead to a lot of skill position choices in early rounds.

Could you imagine him in the middle of the field wide open with the ball placement and accuracy of Tua?

We have moved on and spread the ball around better than when he was here. The money he makes is not part of what we are trying to do with our salary cap.

Like I’m sure many of you here, I saw all of Jarvis Landry’s catches while he was here. Let’s get one thing straight, OJ Mcduffie was Juice and worthy of that name, Jarvis Landry is not. He makes a lot of catches, but some catches are more meaningful than others. For example, first down’s and touchdowns. If he made more of the meaningful catches such as those then Jarvis could have that nickname, but he doesn’t now and never has. He’s not money on 3rd down conversions and he’s never been one who ever spends much time in the end zone, in fact he seems to have a difficult time finding it.

So, his “Look at me” attitude isn’t backed up by meaningful production in terms of scoring or clutch catches when you have to make them. I don’t want to look at Jarvis Landry, I want to look at winners, at guys who find the end zone. I don’t want to “Look at me not in the end zone. Again.” The truth is he used to be our best receiver, and when he was, we were not a very good offense. We weren’t explosive or dangerous, or scoring a lot. That’s just the truth. He’s not worth the money he would ask for, he’s not fast or explosive enough and he doesn’t have great size. So, he’s really just an average receiver who’s stats were padded because the ball went to him so much often several yards behind the LOS and he didn’t make very much magic despite that and that volume of catches that went his way racked up some yards and lots of catches, but none that translated into end zone production, which is where the guys who bring real value to that position produce at high volumes at. Because of that , I for one am super glad we moved on, he was never worthy the often times shitty attitude he displayed while he was here.

Jarvis Landry should stay in Cleveland, I think it‘s a perfect fit for him And that’s exactly where he belongs. In that locker room.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom