32nd Rushing Yards
Defense Ranks
32nd Total Points
30th Total Yards
26th Passing Yards
27th Rushing Yards

Link to story: Can the Dolphins be better in 2020

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see a break down of the first 8 games of 2019 and the last 8 games of 2019. I would think there should be a similar trend (minus the blowouts) as the season progresses in 2020 like we saw last year since we have quite a bit of new and young players that need to learn. This year will be about getting these guys ready for 2021 but looking at the 2019 rankings it's hard to see us doing worse in any of those categories except possibly passing.

I'd be curious to see a break down of the first 8 games of 2019 and the last 8 games of 2019. I would think there should be a similar trend (minus the blowouts) as the season progresses in 2020 like we saw last year since we have quite a bit of new and young players that need to learn. This year will be about getting these guys ready for 2021 but looking at the 2019 rankings it's hard to see us doing worse in any of those categories except possibly passing.
What I'm amazed at is the talent we supposively had in 2018 and that team getting beat out in a lot of ways by basically an off the street team..the story breaks it down by talent in way that makes you shake your head.

You have to wonder how different the Fins would be IF Tanny did not hurt hid knee.

It seemed like he and Gase were actually good together.

I think both of them are still in Miami if that injury(and all that followed it)had not happened.

Gase was an AWFUL coach ... plain and simple ... he doesn’t have the ability to adapt, develop and build a team and he will continue to show that in NY.

Tannehill should have faired better here, he had just started to play really well when he hurt his knee ... pretty much what he did last year in TEN ...

We needed to move on from both .... and we will be better for it ... Flores ‘could’ be the best coach since Shula - a long way to go of course, but he already shows an ability to teach and develop players!

We’ll see what the future holds for Tua ... without further injury - the future looks bright ...

We are in very good shape. We have a true franchise QB in the fold and we didn't have to go up and get him. We brought in some huge o-line pieces. We may have finally thrown enough assets at the problem. Flowers, Karras, Jackson, Hunt and Kindley are all new to the team. I like every one of these guys a lot. We still have Davis and Dieter returning from last year as well as Shaq Calhoun and Isadora. On paper it appears that we have solved our lack of quality athletes on the o-line problem. This is a huge group of men, they are all in the 6'5" area and 325 lbs. This is not who you draft if you want to play finesse football. These guys are going to pancake people and give our QBs time to throw. They also will open holes in the run game for our dual RB combo of Jordon Howard and Matt Breida.

The main reason things are turning around is Head Coach, Brian Flores. He has been great since his arrival. When he arrived I said that he would rebuild this team brick by brick and he has. He has a lot of HIS guys on the roster and it is still a work in progress but this team is ascending in a big way. I want to give Chris Grier some credit here for bringing in Flo and forging a fantastic working relationship with him. He also has developed as a GM. He's pretty slick at trades moving up and down in the draft.

Love the positivity. I have been luke warm about Tua (injuries) but we had to take the risk. Really like how he handles himself. He is respectfully confident.

Imagine losing:

Ryan Tannehill
Cameron Wake
Kenyan Drake
Laremy Tunsil
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Frank Gore
T.J. McDonald
Kenny Stills
Danny Amendola
Ja’Wan James
Robert Quinn
John Denney
Andre Branch

Everyone freaks out and says you are purposely tanking and yet, the only significant difference is going from 7 wins to 5.

This should open people's eyes to a few things:
1. The importance of coaching.
2. The non importance of most individual players
3. How bad Gase is.
4. How good Flo is.

I just hope Gase isn't like an ancient life form and starts learning.

I want him to keep calling those stupid screens every time he gets in a tight spot.

You have to wonder how different the Fins would be IF Tanny did not hurt hid knee.

It seemed like he and Gase were actually good together.

I think both of them are still in Miami if that injury(and all that followed it)had not happened.
I don’t. Too many bubble screens. Gase refused to use RT the way the Titans did. Even after evidence of the 2016 season when Ajai went off suggested that’s the best way to use Ryan. Power football, let the run set up play action etc. He didn’t learn and forced him to run an offense that tried to be pass-first. And if you looked at the Jets last year, Darnold’s YPA looked really familiar - as in super low - like Ryan’s when Gase was here. Bubble screens will do that. Then Ryan is asked to play differently and his YPA is tops in NFL in Tennessee (I think / too lazy to look up but I think it was near 9). So no, I think Gase would have kept us in 6-10 to 8-8 land.

Imagine losing:

Ryan Tannehill
Cameron Wake
Kenyan Drake
Laremy Tunsil
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Frank Gore
T.J. McDonald
Kenny Stills
Danny Amendola
Ja’Wan James
Robert Quinn
John Denney
Andre Branch

Everyone freaks out and says you are purposely tanking and yet, the only significant difference is going from 7 wins to 5.

3. How bad Gase is.
4. How good Flo is.
I agree with everything except "most individual players"...

Our o-line is a great example of what I'm talking about...

Imagine having a terrible center who doesn't make the correct line calls...weak guard(s) who can't keep the Aaron Donald's of the NFL out of our backfield...weak tackle(s)...who can't keep the Kahlil Mack's of the NFL out of our QB's face.

Your offense is only as good as your weakest olineman. Defenses are to good not to ruthlesssly exploit that.

What I'm amazed at is the talent we supposively had in 2018 and that team getting beat out in a lot of ways by basically an off the street team..the story breaks it down by talent in way that makes you shake your head.

Running game was much better in 2018

Imagine losing:

Ryan Tannehill
Cameron Wake
Kenyan Drake
Laremy Tunsil
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Frank Gore
T.J. McDonald
Kenny Stills
Danny Amendola
Ja’Wan James
Robert Quinn
John Denney
Andre Branch

3. How bad Gase is.
4. How good Flo is.
It’s always funny when the media says a team can’t win because the roster isn’t good enough and then when that team gets rid of all the over the hill or bum players the media is quick to label them as tanking because they let a lot of “talent” go lol

Running game was much better in 2018
More evidence to prove how little the running game actually effects the team's overall success. Carolina might have the best running back in football and he carried them to five wins. Kansas City barely could run the ball at all and they won the Super Bowl. You can win with the running game like Tennessee, San Francisco, and Minnesota do, but ultimately the QB decides your fate.

Back
Top Bottom