Wow! Elton Brown........ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow! Elton Brown........

KB21

Club Member
Reaction score
....weighed in at 330 lbs on his 6'4.5" frame. While running his forty, he pulled up at 30 yards with a pulled hamstring, but his 10 yard split was 1.78 seconds. That's very, very impressive for a man of his size. That translates into a forty time of around 4.95 seconds. He completed all other drills despite the pulled hammy.

There is no wonder why this guy is the best pulling guard in the draft with that kind of explosion. I personaly feel he is the best lineman in the draft, period. I haven't seen one who has been better on the field than Elton Brown.

I'd love to see Miami get this guy and replace Jeno James at left guard with him.

I see a lot of mocks having him go early 2nd, maybe late 1st, where do you project him at KB?

Jeno James is a great guard and I think it is safe to say that it was impossible to succeed on that OL last year, in that system with that coaching. We gave him a 6 year deal and it makes no sense to replace him with a rookie. If anything, Brown can play RG and fight Hadnot and Carey for the spot.

Dolfan1000 said:
Jeno James is a great guard and I think it is safe to say that it was impossible to succeed on that OL last year, in that system with that coaching. We gave him a 6 year deal and it makes no sense to replace him with a rookie. If anything, Brown can play RG and fight Hadnot and Carey for the spot.

well yeah, id rather him compete for the RG spot. Apparently Vernon Carey and Damion McIntosh are going to battle for the LT spot. I think Vernon will win it. Since Rex is too small for an RG, i think Elton has no problem making RG.

Actually, in a recent article it said John St. Clair and Carey fighting for the LT spot. It looks more and more likely that McIntosh will be a depth guy.

Dolfan1000 said:
Actually, in a recent article it said John St. Clair and Carey fighting for the LT spot. It looks more and more likely that McIntosh will be a depth guy.
i think you misunderstood that article.

it said that st clair and carey would be given a chance to compete for the LT spot... along with McIntosh.

The Oline is intriguing me atm.

James will start, and IMO Carey and McDougle have to start.. I really don't know where everyone will playing though.

I'd love it if we could draft both Baas and Wesley Britt.

Dolfan1000 said:

huh? thats odd. We have Stockar at RT definetely. The rest of the line is up for grabs. But we promised McIntosh that he and Vernon would compete for LT. Seeing that St. Clair was an All-American Center, i thought itd be wise to use St. Clair at Center. Maybe McIntosh could try RG if we dont draft Brown, cuz Rex is WAY TOO SMALL to play Guard.

So the difference between getting a chance to compete for the LT spot and fighting for the LT spot is what? Essentially it is the same thing.

Dolfan1000 said:

That surprises me if it is true. I still think McIntosh can be a good LT for us, hopefully all this talk of Carey and St. Clair competing with him is just motivating him to perform. I dont see St Clair as a LT either

Why do you say Rex is to small. I know most guards are bigger but personally I think that he did a great job in his rookie year and there is no reason he cant put on 10 or 20 pounds over time. He doesnt fit the average mold for a guard but Denver has one of the mo0st undersized lines in the league and every single one of those guys are great. Again im not saying Rex is as good as anyone on the Denver line right now but he has a ton of potential and I dont know why he cant seriously compete for that RG spot.

Back
Top Bottom