wow, Griese's agent wants 5 mill... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow, Griese's agent wants 5 mill...

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted but I just got up and read that he wants 5 mill this year if Brian plays in 60% of the downs and goes to the superbowl as the starting QB.I'm really getting furstrated with this agent. Nobody has shown any interest in Brian other than us and who can blame those teams after some of the things that have gone on with Griese. I'd like to have him with us cos I think he's a lot better than Lucas, but I had it with his agent.

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!!!

Not sure how it wouldn't be worth it...

to pay the guy $5m if he is the pre-dominant QB in a superbowl triumph season. If he only has to be paid if these conditions are met, what's the argument against.

Let's hypothesize. Jay goes down in game 2 with a season ender. Greese comes in and leads the team to 13-3, home for the championship game. Goodnight Vienna. A superbowl date with Philli which we win and he's MVP (highly unlikely with the bevvy of standout athletes we have here). And his paycheck is $1.5m

Sign the deal.

:evil:

That's way too much for Griese....

Personally, I wouldn't have signed the contract that Rick has offered either.....

It's laced with ridiculous incentives, and if he's not named the starter the second he gets off the plane from Denver he'll never reach them.....

It's time to look elesewhere.....

I also think that QB A. Smith would fit in Norvs offense better than Griese would....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:fire:

This guy has just gotten worse with his demands. 5 million if he plays 60% of the time? That isn't going to happen. Try that somewhere else Cindrich. Have fun.

Re: Not sure how it wouldn't be worth it...

Originally posted by GazPhin
to pay the guy $5m if he is the pre-dominant QB in a superbowl triumph season. If he only has to be paid if these conditions are met, what's the argument against.

Let's hypothesize. Jay goes down in game 2 with a season ender. Greese comes in and leads the team to 13-3, home for the championship game. Goodnight Vienna. A superbowl date with Philli which we win and he's MVP (highly unlikely with the bevvy of standout athletes we have here). And his paycheck is $1.5m

Sign the deal.

:evil:

Come on! Get a life. We have people on this board talking about us getting rid of Fiedler next year. Not because he doesn't perform, but because he is going to cost us too much. Now you say it's okay to offer Griese $5 mil.?

You REALLY don't think a superbowl is worth $5m...

(not suggesting he should get that if he doesn't make the kind of contribution in my hypothetical scenario above).

In the words of Jack Nicholson in As Good as it gets- " Go sell crazy some place else, we're all stocked up here"

Back
Top Bottom