Wow, I've never seen confusion like this in my life.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, I've never seen confusion like this in my life..

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Miami trailed the Bobcats by 3 with like 7 seconds left. Wade rebounds a Damon Jones airball and kicks it out for the Steve Smith triple...good. Of course, when the refs FINALLY decide to call a foul in Miami's favor, it costs us the entire game. Wade got fouled and had to make the first, miss the second. Well, that's exactly what he did, and the entire team was somehow under the impression that Miami was still down by 3. Everybody headed behind the 3-point line, and Wade got the rebound wide open from about 10 feet out, yet dribbled beyond the arch only to miss a triple, when he didn't even need to take one. After the game ended, from Sunshine Network you could see and hear Eddie Jones..."We were only down 2?!" :shakeno:

It's kind of funny when you think about it, but it's pathetic to go up to Charlotte and lose your first division game of the season to the lowly Bobcats. On a side note, I hope Michael Doleac isn't hear for the final three years of his contract after this season..

I'm down visiting my parents and we forgot the game was on. Almost glad I didn't watch it.

Sad that we trailed from 29-28 on. Haslem didn't play. So Doleac started. Anderson got sick in the second quarter. And with Laettner on the IL, the Heat were left with Mourning, Wang and Steve Smith to backup the frontcourt. Don't know why Butler never got in.

We shot 52% from the line. Never helps. But interestingly enough, Shaq took the blame for the loss. He said the team probably was feeling his low energy level. I guess you had to see the game, because 26 points, 16 rebs, 4 blocks reads like a pretty good game. But Van Gundy said the team only played hard for one quarter, then coasted.

As for Wade, Van Gundy said he was the only guy who didn't know the score. That he wasn't thinking. But again, I didn't see the game and obviously couldn't have heard EJ's startled proclamation.

I still don't get it. Was Wade unaware of the situation? Or was he trying to be the hero? We needed 2 to tie! When he missed the second FT he got a perfect bounce off the back iron and an easy 2 pts. Instead he rebounds with like 3 secs left, trys to run to the corner for a 3. Puts up a 3 and misses. What an embarrasment losing to the bobcats, especially when they didnt even have Okafor for like the whole 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom