wow.. just wow.. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow.. just wow..

We were ravaged by injuries...after we played the Jets. Don't forget-WE had the #1 Rushing game and one of the best run Defenses when we played the Jets both times. Cobbs got hurt, Ronnie got hurt, Ferguson got hurt, then eventually Crowder. It goes on. The Jets and Phins matchup well. The Dolphins got hit with the toughest schedule and a lot of injuries. Everyone gets their time though.[Except maybe the Lions] The luck went our way in 2008.

If anything the Jets proved you CAN win in the playoffs with a tough defense and a strong run game, with a good enough passing game. That bodes well for the Dolphins in 2010. We have to stay healthy. The Jets have proved enough though, so I hope the Colts win!

football has to be fixed for that team to advance, must have something to do with the new stadium and the difficulty in selling the seat fees

i agree 100% because all week on the tube was how the jets was going to beat the chargers and another thing if the jets was a better team than us then we wouldnt have swept them they got in the playoffs by being handed the keys to get in even there fat coach said at one time there season was over:chuckle:

We were ravaged by injuries...after we played the Jets. Don't forget-WE had the #1 Rushing game and one of the best run Defenses when we played the Jets both times. Cobbs got hurt, Ronnie got hurt, Ferguson got hurt, then eventually Crowder. It goes on. The Jets and Phins matchup well. The Dolphins got hit with the toughest schedule and a lot of injuries. Everyone gets their time though.[Except maybe the Lions] The luck went our way in 2008.

If anything the Jets proved you CAN win in the playoffs with a tough defense and a strong run game, with a good enough passing game. That bodes well for the Dolphins in 2010. We have to stay healthy. The Jets have proved enough though, so I hope the Colts win!

imo the jests is NOT a better team than us.if soo they should have and would have beat us just because they made the playoffs dont mean squat because they would have found a way to have atleast beat us one out of the two games we played them. yes anybody can win once 2 other teams let you in the playoffs imo lets hope the oddsmakers isnt wanting the jests to win the superbowl or else they will cause imo i belive its rigged:facepalm:

Jets run the ball often and defend the pass well. That's a major chunk of the blueprint. Averaging 37 rushing attempts is ideal for a team like the Jets with a rookie QB. I really appreciated the comment quoted from the Chargers that they knew the Jets wouldn't abandon the run, no matter what happened early, unlike other teams in the league. As Sanchez matures and improves, look for that 37 to drop to the 30-32 range.

The road will stop at Indianapolis. It reminds me of the Ravens last year, defeating an upstart overmatched team on the road in the first round, then a very good but playoff unproven team on the road in the next round, before running into a recent Super Bowl champ with a top notch QB in the AFC Championship Game.

Besides, the Colts matchup much better against the Jets than San Diego did. The Chargers play a solid but unspectacular 3-4 and are content to allow short passes when the opposition needs it. Sanchez feasted on 3rd and short to medium passes today. The Colts have a relentless 4-3 pass rush and defend every last inch on those vital 3rd down plays. Flacco was stunned and flustered yesterday when the cheap 3-5 yard junk wasn't available. He would double clutch and shuffle his feet. The Colts play every receiver head up on those plays instead of leaving the typical cushion. They know Mathis and Freeney will get there before a shaky young QB has time to adjust.

On the other side of the ball, Clark is significantly more nifty and problematic than Gates. And Manning will avoid the big mistake. Jets fight hard but fall shy.

Regardless, they are a prideful choice for a second favorite team. I hope they've won some converts in that regard. :chuckle:

my only question is, when are kickers going to stop missing field goals and giving the jets life?

I don't know ... maybe the same time that refs stop making ridiculous calls that we need to overcome ... Last week - two of the worst calls you will ever see against Revis ... and today - an OBVIOUS forced fumble in SD territory that was somehow overturned into an incomplete pass.

Don't talk to me about the Kicker giving us the game ... Our defense kicked their ***** all over the field in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom