Wow!Saban (article) a breath of fresh air! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow!Saban (article) a breath of fresh air!

mia4ever

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:lol: This article is from the Herald Fla. Buzz.
Here a small pieces of the Article

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/11615451.htm

• Players like Saban's no-nonsense, businesslike approach. Privately, one veteran called him a breath of fresh air. They not only appreciate his organization and attention to detail but also that they'll get what they believe are honest answers. ''He doesn't treat anybody [more] special than anybody else,'' Randy McMichael said.

Said Reggie Howard: ``He's very detailed, a perfectionist, doesn't let anything go by. It will make you a better player. He will stay on you until you get it right.''

Saban's approach to offseason work is ''no sitting around, no wasting time. It's fun,'' Sam Madison said. Asked what's different, Madison said, ``Everybody's energetic. [In the past], you had some coaches energetic here or there.''

And Zach Thomas noted, ``Every one [of the assistants] is coaching. You learn a lot of stuff from every coach.''

• There's clearly an intimidation factor with Saban. There was one recent incident when players in the training room were joking around. The room went silent when someone whispered that Saban was approaching.''You're going to know your responsibility, because if you don't, there's a lot of yelling going on,'' Junior Seau said.

• The Dolphins will be disguising their defenses more, which has players excited. Thomas said opponents ''knew where I was going to be at all times last year.'' That's no longer the case. ''[Opponents] don't know what we're going to do one week [to the next],'' Thomas said. ''It keeps me interested.'' As Seau put it, ``It's nice to know we can go into a game and not be predictable.''

• DT Tim Bowens' bad back, which continues to frustrate him future is highly questionable

• Safety remains a concern, though Saban insisted Tuesday he got ''the best players available in free agency'' with salary-cap issues factored in. At last week's minicamp, the Dolphins used free-agent pickups Tebucky Jones and Travares Tillman at first team, though Yeremiah Bell will have a chance to beat out Tillman. ''Bell will be a very good player if he stays healthy,'' Madison predicts.

• The Dolphins are happy with No. 3 receiver Derrius Thompson but still could add a fourth to challenge Bryan Gilmore. They aren't pursuing Patriots free agent Troy Brown.

Only part I didn't like to see was that we aren't pursuing Troy Brown. He is only 33, and should still be able to contribute very well as the 3rd WR. Even at that age, I'd think he would still be an upgrade over what we got after the starters.

Its good to see that the players are really getting behind Saban and believing in what he is trying to do. Breath of fresh air for the fans and the players means great play and support for and from everyone involved with the organization.

Not to beat a dead horse with a stick, but seemed like some of the players held a certain animosity towards Dave. Seems like Dave had a few coaches' pet and were treated different than the rest of the players. We kind of know who they were.

It kind of makes me ponder if these players, at times, did not give 100% to win games, because of their animosity towards their HC, over the last few years.

Just my opinion, not to be taken internally. :wink:

Gaining respect is the first job a HC has to do.Saban is well on his way in accomplishing that.

MrClean said:
Only part I didn't like to see was that we aren't pursuing Troy Brown. He is only 33, and should still be able to contribute very well as the 3rd WR. Even at that age, I'd think he would still be an upgrade over what we got after the starters.

It has to be an issue regarding the money we'd have to pay out vs. our need at this point. With Will Poole going down, I think he's wanting to tighten up our secondary. He seems very defensive orienated. Remember defense does win championships!

Back
Top Bottom