Wow.. Some Phin Fans are Delusional! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow.. Some Phin Fans are Delusional!

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Haha.. "Delusional" is a popular word around here!

I am listening to WQAM right now, and this lady is saying that Wannstedt brought this team from an UPPER ECHELON team to MEDIOCRITY!

How the heck were the Jimmy Johnson Dolphins an upper echelon team? WTF?

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Haha.. "Delusional" is a popular word around here!

I am listening to WQAM right now, and this lady is saying that Wannstedt brought this team from an UPPER ECHELON team to MEDIOCRITY!

How the heck were the Jimmy Johnson Dolphins an upper echelon team? WTF?

I'm sure what she means is that Wanny's first year here, we won the AFCE with a 11-5 record. i don't know what the general concensus would be but IMO, any division winner would qualify as "upper echelon". Year 2 results in the same 11-5 record but with a backin WC berth. Year 3 (last year) resulted in a 9-7 record anf missing the playoffs. again. I do not know what the general concensus would be for a mediocre team but i would imagine that teams a game either way of 8-8 would qualifly as being just mediocre with the teams below that at <7-9 would be the "lower echelon". If that is the case and IMO it would be, then I would say that she is correct. our results are what matters. Nothing the "experts" or media says does.

that team in 2000 SERIOUSLY overachieved.. Cmon, A weaker defense than we have now and our offensive stars consisted of a battered McDuffie and Lamar Smith?

That was not an upper echelon superbowl calibur team.. Wasnt everyone predicting a 4-12 finish for the phins that year?

that team in 2000 SERIOUSLY overachieved.. Cmon, A weaker defense than we have now and our offensive stars consisted of a battered McDuffie and Lamar Smith?

That was not an upper echelon superbowl calibur team.. Wasnt everyone predicting a 4-12 finish for the phins that year?

I don't think anyone has hardly ever predicted a 4 win season for the Fins. if so, i must have missed it. Haven't had a losing season in eonsbut...... oh, nevermind. But why did that team "overachieve" anyway. I think that is basically a term used by many just to explain things that otherwise cannot be explained. But for whatever reason they "overachieved", they still won the AFCE and whether the reason for that was because all the planets and moon was lines up right for them, i don't know, but they did do it. Overachieving or not. Since the mid 90s after fA and the cap took full control, every SB winner was an "overachiever" wouldn't you say? To some extent at least. But the upper echelon teams today are basically the ones that not necessarily win it all yera after year but the ones that at least are able to make a run at it consistently. That is where we have become very spoiled in that we are always soooo close but can't seem to get over the hump. even the years we miss the playoffs like last yr, we were still right there til the [miserable] end. Not like oakland, in the SB ly and nose dive this yr., etc., etc., etc.

I think many of the so called "experts" predicted a losing season for the Phins the year after Marino retired.. For chrissakes we had a perrenial bakup as the starter.. Noone knew anything about Fiedler and the rest of the O was less than stellar..

The AFC East wasnt the same back then.. Bledsoe still had the Patriots sucking, the Jets were in a Parcells hangover but still beat us, and the Bills were the Bills.

Put this current team back in 2000 and they would have finished 13-3...

I think many of the so called &quot;experts&quot; predicted a losing season for the Phins the year after Marino retired.. For chrissakes we had a perrenial bakup as the starter.. Noone knew anything about Fiedler and the rest of the O was less than stellar..

The AFC East wasnt the same back then.. Bledsoe still had the Patriots sucking, the Jets were in a Parcells hangover but still beat us, and the Bills were the Bills.

Put this current team back in 2000 and they would have finished 13-3...

put this current team with a coach like Parcells, we'd likely be 11-0. 10-1 at least!!

Check out Lebatard's article today.. This team could have been 10-1 with Wannstedt.. or 4-7.. Just how the ball bounces sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom