Wow talk about over optimistic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow talk about over optimistic

CA~

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have been reading some of your post and I sure hope that the Dolphins feel the same way. Ever heard of being over confident.

I have read things on this board that say; the Colts will be blown out, the Dolphins will go undefeated this year, that the Colts are scared, Turner is way better then Moore, and so on.

Moore has directed one of the best offenses in the league now for quite a few years. Right now Norv is trying to get to his level.

Are you kidding me? We have seen one week of games. Week one means nothing, especially since you were playing the Lions. I will give your offense a lot of credit by saying that Ricky Williams has made you better.

I don't know what will happen in a few hours, but I would be very surprised if anyone was blown out. I don't say that because I am worried either. I say that because I have seen enough of these Colts/Dolphins games to know that 90% of the time these games are played very close and won by a few points.

Both the Colts and the Dolphins could be great this year, but after one week we don't know Jack. If you will remember the Colts won their first two games by scoring over 40 points last year. Both were divisional games too. As you can see, week 1 means nothing. Dolphin fans of all people should know that, since the phins are the most noticed second half of the season, nose diving team in the history of the game.

It's going to be a good game. Miami will not go undefeated. Norv Turner is not in Tom Moore's league yet. Fielder will never be Manning. James vs Ricky will soon be answered. Don't think for one second that we are scared.

Miami's O is not close to being Indy's O. Miami's defense is in the top 3 in the league, in my opinion though.

Also, beware of the fast track.

And another thing- we are favored in this game so somebody must think that we can win.

Good luck. We are both going to need it. Both teams are going to suffer some injuries in this game.

Uhm, how many SBs has a Tom Moore offense won? How many different QBs has a Tom Moore offense sent to the Pro Bowl? How many different RBs have gotten over 1200yds. in a Tom Moore offense? It is Tom Moore who is not in Norv Turner's league.

The Colts have no DTs and very suspect DBs. The Dolphins will run Ricky up the middle, and when the Colts start loading up to stop the run up the middle, Ricky will run outside, or Chambers and Gadsden will be burning your secondary for long gains on play action.

The Dolphins will keep the Colts under 30pts., the Colts cannot do the same to the Dolphins. Peyton remembers what happened last time he faced the Dolphin pass rush, and it will be even more fierce this game.

Dolphins 38
LA Colts 17

Hmmm....what happened the last time Norv had a three headed monster like Manning-Edge-Harrison????

He won back to back SuperBowls.....didn't he? I seem to remember something about a Micheal Irvin a Troy Aikman and an Emmit Smith doing pretty well.....

It looks like Mr. Moore is the one who is lagging behind......It seems like, with three of the greatest offensive players of our day, Mr. Moore should have a little better resume'.....As a matter of opinion.....it just goes to show how much Moore sucks that he can't get this offense to the show.....

Norv can take good players and make them great, Moore takes great players and makes them good.

Oh I am sorry, I forgot that Tom Moore was responsible for the defense too.

As far as the big three, they are killing the numbers that Aikman, Irvin, and Smith put up.

I don't think that you guys could take it if you lost to us today. Your rose colored glasses are altering your perspective of reality.

Keep in mind that you could be right and the Dolphins could be a great team this year. I am not denying that the chance is there, but like I said before week 1 means nothing. If you guys come out and smash us then I will say that you are close to being legit. How anyone would assume that they are going to just smash us is very unrealistic though. Take off the rose colored glasses and watch your team a few weeks and make an educated prediction!

except for...2 ...as in ...Super Bowls won.
Oh and isn't Tom Moore responsible for the postseason offensive results?.......17 points.... in overtime no less! Mighty impressive.

Do you realize that Manning, Harrison, and James have put up those HUGE numbers out of the 2 TE set? The 2TE set! In that set Manning has 2 or 3 reads and then he must dump it to a back or throw it away. We are running the 3 wide set now and this offense is opening up even more. Especially when Pollard is healthy because he is really just a big receiver anyway. So in many cases we are really running a 4 receiver set with a big reciever over the middle.

I don't expect Wiggens to get as open as Pollard does, but you are not goingto bring Wiggens down as easy either. That guys a horse! We will lose a lot of speed at TE this week though and its going to hurt us.

I never said that Norv Turner wasn't a very good OC. I said that he wasn't in Moore's league right now. Anyone that can get 42 offensive points on the board with Fielder at QB should be considered very good at what they do.

Originally posted by relive1972
Uhm, how many SBs has a Tom Moore offense won? How many different QBs has a Tom Moore offense sent to the Pro Bowl? How many different RBs have gotten over 1200yds. in a Tom Moore offense? It is Tom Moore who is not in Norv Turner's league.

The Colts have no DTs and very suspect DBs. The Dolphins will run Ricky up the middle, and when the Colts start loading up to stop the run up the middle, Ricky will run outside, or Chambers and Gadsden will be burning your secondary for long gains on play action.

The Dolphins will keep the Colts under 30pts., the Colts cannot do the same to the Dolphins. Peyton remembers what happened last time he faced the Dolphin pass rush, and it will be even more fierce this game.

Dolphins 38
LA Colts 17

LOL..... maybe you need to research more before you talk......different running backs with 1200 yards or more.....well he was offensive coordinator for Colts, Lions...... Edge over 1200 twice..... last year would have been 3..... you remember Barry Sanders right? Pro Bowlers in Tom Moores offense?.... Manning,Dilger,Pollard,James, Harrison-Colts... he sent plenty from Lions when he was there.... i am not real sure who.... Sanders for sure... Herman Moore more than likely

I think he put Scott Mitchell in the Pro Bowl didn't he?

Now anyone can do that must be the greatest. Well..... Norv could top that if he gets Fielder in the Pro Bowl. LOL just kidding guys. ;)

I would like to see what Norv could do with your offense....
It's an endless debate trying to figure out who is better.....we'll see what happens today.

I agree.

Its going to be a fun game to watch. I am sure that my fingers will be chewed to the bone after this one. ;)

Yeah, I give CA some credit on being level headed here......until he made the Norv comment. You're talking like Norv has yet to achieve the success of Moore. Tom Moore is a great offensive mind. But no way can you put him in Norv's league.

From 1983-1989, Moore was OC for the Steelers. And they struggled with consistency. In those years, Moore had one 1000-yard rusher (HOF'er Franco Harris '83, 1007 yds) and two 1000-yard WRs (HOF'er John Stallworth and Louis Lipps). Never did he have a 3000-yard passer.

Now I'll give him credit in Detriot (1994-1996). He had a juggernaut there with Barry, Moore, and Perriman. But like the Colts, he didn't have a defense.

Turner's offenses are Super Bowl proven. Heck, they're Super Bowl DOMINATING. It makes mediocre players good and good players great. And nobody calls a game like Norv Turner.

Muck I can see why you would believe that Norv Turner is as good as Moore. You guys have made a solid case on that. I believe that Norv has been very blessed to have with great defenses on the teams that he was OC. Maybe I haven't given him enough credit because of that, but their is no way that he is better then Tom Moore. Maybe they are the top tier of the NFL.

I can't imagine what Tom Moore could do if he was OC for a team that had a good defense, god forbid a great defense.

Back
Top Bottom