Wow, the Bill's first home game is sold out already | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, the Bill's first home game is sold out already

Please dont make this comparison. If i lived in Buffalo I'd buy 20 years of tickets too because I have nothing better to do. If I lived in Miami I'd be thrilled to go jet skiing, clubbing, partying, to the BAHAMAS sicne its like down the street, etc. Once Miami starts winning and being EXCITING to watch not just winning with FG's then you will see fans show up because it would be the next "hot thing ot do."

Clippers I believe have had something like 79 games sold out in a row. Do you know before Griffen and Paul front court seats were like $80 at a clipper game with an attendance of probably 3? We used to buy clipper tickets because it was $20 to sit in row 4 where as a laker ticket in row 4 was probably $400. Once they got good players and became exciting to watch thy have sold out and raised prices tremendously. Same will happen here, Miami hasn't done **** since Marino retired. MIami at one point had a top 10 stadium in terms of fans because I remember on SNF teh announcer said its one of hte loudest stadiums and this was like in 97 or something can't remember. After losing 10 years in a row no ones paying a dime to go that doesn't make you a fake fan it makes you a smart MAN to not spend hard EARNED money on a losing product. I dont know why you guys get butt hurt once we WIN it'll change that doesn't make it a fake fan it makes it a smart MAN saving his money during times where a hosue cost goes up $200,000 in a 6 year period yet income never went up except for minimum wage by .75 cents.

Billionaire owners can't spend $ or spend it the right way to get a good product yet people making $30,000 a year should fork our $300 for a 3 hour event ? Please.

This dumb argument again. If you're in FL, you have access to everything you just mentioned year round. If you're telling me you can't take 5 hours out of your day, once a week and at best three straight weeks for those 5 hours each Sunday, you have no room to talk.

If putzes like me can fly down to FL once a year (keep in mind the closest beach to me is 3 hours) and still go to the game while also doing the things you mentioned the day or two before/after going to the game, anyone else can too.

Im sorry to tell you guys this...but winning wont fill the stadium. its a crappy market that is too damn diverse with people who are transplants who could care less about the phins.

We may fill the stadium for certain teams but not all games.

so we lost like 10,000 fans in the past two years and losing has had nothing to do with it.

First, per the attached, Buffalo's attendance is nothing to write home about, and better than ours, but ours is pathetic! Buffalo draws not only from their metro area, but of course the much wider Toronto area and to an extent, the Rochester and Syracuse metros also. Just more reason for Ross to move on up to Palm Beach county: the fins will retain our Miami Dade base (just like NE retained the Boston base when moving out to Foxboro) but also will make it more convenient and accessible to new markets from Broward County up through Melbourne and possibly Orlando...mostly of fans of the sport of throwing, not kicking "footballs." Turn Joe Robbie into a special events, and soccer stadium, as well as the Canes home field, and build a legitimate football stadium where Fins fans are more enthusiastic (if nothing more than for the novelty) and back to being the 12 th man on the field.

Sure, if we kept the status quo, attendance wouldn't be as awful as it is (per the link, 81% of capacity, but still, considering that the mighty Titans avg 100% of capacity, the Panthers 98.5% and Lions 99%, that argument loses traction in favor of the demographic shifts influencing hands-on interest.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/07/browns-attendance-is-actually-below-average/

Last edited by a moderator:
A thread whining about the fanbase in May? I know it's the offseason and news is slow, but don't we have anything else to whine about? Like what Heath Evans is saying or something?

This kills me...are the people of s. fla real Phin fans? Are are they fans when team wins? When the bills continue to sell out and their team hasn't been good in years and we barely fill half the seats I gets so disappointed. Frustrated in DC..

MD.
The jills have had multiple blackouts over the past couple of years, but let's keep pretending they sell out every game as it supports our agenda.

Personally in one way you have to applaud the Bills fans for selling out but on on another note you have to feel that its like rewarding ownership for putting crap on field.The Dolphins have traditionally drawn over 65,000 which is a good number of fans and have drawn over 70,000 many times. None of these are poor numbers but its obviousl the team has lost its base through the constant losing that this area is not accustomed to unlike a fanbase like Cleveland that knows nothing but losing. Its like turning out in droves to support the Adam Sandler movie Jack and Jill.

The jills have had multiple blackouts over the past couple of years, but let's keep pretending they sell out every game as it supports our agenda.
Correct. The Bills have had a LOT of blackouts and like Miami, poor attendance has -mostly- been due to bad football.

Im sorry to tell you guys this...but winning wont fill the stadium. its a crappy market that is too damn diverse with people who are transplants who could care less about the phins.

We may fill the stadium for certain teams but not all games.

Isnt it fun when people say stupid ****?
Winning will fill the stadium. Thats how it works.

First, per the attached, Buffalo's attendance is nothing to write home about, and better than ours, but ours is pathetic! Buffalo draws not only from their metro area, but of course the much wider Toronto area and to an extent, the Rochester and Syracuse metros also. Just more reason for Ross to move on up to Palm Beach county: the fins will retain our Miami Dade base (just like NE retained the Boston base when moving out to Foxboro) but also will make it more convenient and accessible to new markets from Broward County up through Melbourne and possibly Orlando...mostly of fans of the sport of throwing, not kicking "footballs." Turn Joe Robbie into a special events, and soccer stadium, as well as the Canes home field, and build a legitimate football stadium where Fins fans are more enthusiastic (if nothing more than for the novelty) and back to being the 12 th man on the field.

Sure, if we kept the status quo, attendance wouldn't be as awful as it is (per the link, 81% of capacity, but still, considering that the mighty Titans avg 100% of capacity, the Panthers 98.5% and Lions 99%, that argument loses traction in favor of the demographic shifts influencing hands-on interest.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/07/browns-attendance-is-actually-below-average/
The longer this trend continues the more I hope Ross moves up to the Palm Beach area.

The longer this trend continues the more I hope Ross moves up to the Palm Beach area.

As long as the dolphins are in florida i could care less but nobody from palm beach has offered to build a syadium for ross so not sure where all this has came from

As long as the dolphins are in florida i could care less but nobody from palm beach has offered to build a syadium for ross so not sure where all this has came from
Speculation at this point but if Ross floated the idea of moving out there, I wonder what the response in PB would be.

Back
Top Bottom