WOW, the tables have turned. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW, the tables have turned.

54dolfan9923

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Everyone is singing Irelands praises, 2 months ago people were running him out of town.

This year will be a big judge on his future with the organization

I always thought Jeff was a solid drafter, what he isnt is a good free agent GM nor does he have very good people skills. If we build through the draft he will do fine.

He did a good job this year, and that was what he was hired to do..... 4 years ago. A pity it took so long.

I always thought Jeff was a solid drafter, what he isnt is a good free agent GM nor does he have very good people skills. If we build through the draft he will do fine.

I agree he is a solid talent evaluator and that he may lack people skills. The latter may have more to do with the old regime being so hush-hush with the media. I think when you don't make yourself available, it makes it easy for people to make assumtions. I've already heard some in the local media getting softer on Ireland since he has opened himself up more. The media has a way of shaping people's opinions and I think that was the case with Ireland. The team needs to get a PR director and he would be fine.

As for Free Agency, I think he's done well. Sure there's been a lot of misses (nobody is perfect) but there have been some hits as well. Most recently: Cam Wake, Matt Moore, Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby, staying strong and re-signing Solia, Bess (UDFA), Carpenter (UDFA), Incognito, Tony McDaniel.

Thought Ireland had a solid draft, but if the team doesn't improve this season it might be a case of too little too late.

Tables have turned..but it shows how people have knee jerk reactions. Now it sounds like Ireland drafted so well people are ready to dump Bush/Long!!!

You dont add just to subtract! Ireland has been good for a while, IMO. Some moves didnt work but many did. Takes time to build a team, esp when you have no QB.

QB/coach has been the problem, not Ireland!

I was upset at the beginning of FA like a lot of people, but this draft has momentarily put him back in my good graces.

As for Free Agency, I think he's done well. Sure there's been a lot of misses (nobody is perfect) but there have been some hits as well. Most recently: Cam Wake, Matt Moore, Kevin Burnett, Karlos Dansby, staying strong and re-signing Solia, Bess (UDFA), Carpenter (UDFA), Incognito, Tony McDaniel.

Wake, Bess and Carpenter I see as more of his prospect evaluation skills. Its not about the signings as much as it is about the whiffs. He has gone after alot of players and has not been able to get it done.

Or maybe the people that were running him out of town a month ago and the people singing his praises now are different people?

Or maybe the people that were running him out of town a month ago and the people singing his praises now are different people?

No, at least in my case.

I call it as I see it. Jeff came through very strong friend.

So ummm... Judging the draft one day after it's completed is NOT knee jerk??? Every team loves their draft the days following... No one can judge this draft yet... So singing his praises before this class has even taken a snap is jumping the gun in a big way...

You can see a clear difference in how he's drafted now that he's fully in charge the past 2 seasons. There's no doubt in my mind that Parcells made the final decision on draft picks especially in the earlier rounds the first few years. As far as FA's not wanting to come here. I don't think that's as much about Ireland as it is about the state of our team.

well, I was not very happy with what he had done in the past......but I give him credit for this draft. I don't agree with every pick he made but it was still better than in the past.

Ozzy rules!!

He had a good draft. Doesn't mean I don't think the guy is a douche.

Back
Top Bottom