Wow! This Team Is A Mess In Contracts! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow! This Team Is A Mess In Contracts!

no mor elike proved he is a BETTER back up then JOEY and has better potential as a back up as well.

I agree with you.....I was just being general.

Harrington is a good backup. Worth the price? Hell no.

How can we / or any team for that matter, even consider paying Culpepper that kind of money?? That's ridiculous money, and when your back-up is making less / playing better, what's the use in keeping Culpepper around???....

Everyone talks about how Harrington is too expensive, but at least he earned his money, and ended up winning some football games for us. Let's not forget that he was slated to be the back-up either. He wasn't traded for in hopes of becoming our permanent starter{like Culpepper was}.....

If Culpepper is not willing to take a major paycut, he's no longer of any use to us in my opinion. We have two other Qb's already on the roster, both of which are cheaper and have proven to be more productive in a Phinz uniform...

I say dump Culpepper, and start from scratch at Qb.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

i agree 100% that he gets paid so much when he is not even proven it is an absolute joike there is probably not another team in the leagie that wopuld pay any other QB in this situation the same money!

How can we / or any team for that matter, even consider paying Culpepper that kind of money?? That's ridiculous money, and when your back-up is making less / playing better, what's the use in keeping Culpepper around???....

Everyone talks about how Harrington is too expensive, but at least he earned his money, and ended up winning some football games for us. Let's not forget that he was slated to be the back-up either. He wasn't traded for in hopes of becoming our permanent starter{like Culpepper was}.....

If Culpepper is not willing to take a major paycut, he's no longer of any use to us in my opinion. We have two other Qb's already on the roster, both of which are cheaper and have proven to be more productive in a Phinz uniform...

I say dump Culpepper, and start from scratch at Qb.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Okay first of all were not going to dump a guy that busted his butt to be the starter for us. He came back to early and his knee couldn't withstand the pressure. He said he wants to be here, I'm sure if they asked him to take a pay cut he would.This guy has alot of heart and he proved it.Let the guy get healthy and play healthy before passing judgement on him. If he is 100% healthy and cannot get the job done, then let the bashing begin.

i agree 100% that he gets paid so much when he is not even proven it is an absolute joike there is probably not another team in the leagie that wopuld pay any other QB in this situation the same money!

Not proven? He's been to 3 pro bowls and had one of the best 5 seasons ever by a QB in the NFL and that's unproven? What do you consider any rookie then?

Okay first of all were not going to dump a guy that busted his butt to be the starter for us. He came back to early and his knee couldn't withstand the pressure. He said he wants to be here, I'm sure if they asked him to take a pay cut he would.This guy has alot of heart and he proved it.Let the guy get healthy and play healthy before passing judgement on him. If he is 100% healthy and cannot get the job done, then let the bashing begin.

Very nice post Ice! You're 100% right about Culpepper wanting to play here because he is from here and wanted to be here right when he found out he became available from Minnesota. For that very reason, I believe he will take a cut if asked to do so. He has too much fire, determination and too much to prove to just be cut loose. Daunte needs another shot, and he will get it.

Not proven? He's been to 3 pro bowls and had one of the best 5 seasons ever by a QB in the NFL and that's unproven? What do you consider any rookie then?

i am talking about the post-injury daunte culpepper not the pro bowl daunte culpepper there is no way that you can be sure that he can return the player he once was after completely blowing out his knee and sitting on the sidelines for a season and a half, that is just naive and extremely risky

Ummm what has he done for me lately nada,nothing so he either takes a paycut or i would send him packing.I really would like to see what he can do when he is healthy.

What really stands out to me is the millions being paid out to our O-linemen :eek: . I wouldn't even begin to try and figure out where to rank them in comparison to the rest of the O-line units in the NFL; but it's at least fair to say they're everpaid, right? I know alot of posters are speculating over the QB position. Me, I'm encouraged by Cam's reputation as a QB oriented coach and I'm anxious to see how that position shakes out this year. If he thinks Culpepper is the answer then....well..I'll be looking for some drastically improved play from the guy this year. In addition, I hope there's a way to keep Kevin Carter. He was a force this past year.

Alot of those numbers are due to guys who've restructured almost every year. Sooner or later it's pay'em or cut'em very similar to what happened to Steve McNair.

ZT and JT fall into this category.

:sidelol: give culpep another year , he will be better!

Oh dog trust me I know this. I was suggesting it for Blitz. And I've known Blitz for awhile, and I've never seen him hate a player this much..

Back
Top Bottom