Wow! Tomorrow 1/4/2020 I hit 38 years being a Miami Dolphins Fan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow! Tomorrow 1/4/2020 I hit 38 years being a Miami Dolphins Fan

It all started on 1/4/1983 (Age 12). They clinched the #2 seed in AFC (Remember back in those days there were 8 seeds) I was excited to see them play after going 7-2 in a strike shorten season as I never had chance to watch them before I guess I was out of market back then. I did watch them beat the Patriots, Chargers, and Jets to go to the Super Bowl in Pasadena, CA. I lived in Rialto, CA when they went and I went to that Super Bowl on January 30, 1983 versus the Redskins where we loss 27-17. My Pops took me and he told me the story of 1972 Dolphins and when I was 2 he gave me a Super Bowl VII Champions Stuffed Toy Dolphin but I was too young to understand when we lived in Queens, New York. (I LOVE DOLPHINS and I never till 1/4/1983 there was a team in the NFL). Boy, how time flies by so quickly. This year, I hit 50 in May.

How old were you guys and gals when you became a fan?
Brother I am double nickel now. Been a fan since I was 6 just to piss my dad off who was an Oakland Raider fan. This took place growing up in New York. My dad really hated to lose too. I lost count on how many times I was sent to my room. Lol!

It all started on 1/4/1983 (Age 12). They clinched the #2 seed in AFC (Remember back in those days there were 8 seeds) I was excited to see them play after going 7-2 in a strike shorten season as I never had chance to watch them before I guess I was out of market back then. I did watch them beat the Patriots, Chargers, and Jets to go to the Super Bowl in Pasadena, CA. I lived in Rialto, CA when they went and I went to that Super Bowl on January 30, 1983 versus the Redskins where we loss 27-17. My Pops took me and he told me the story of 1972 Dolphins and when I was 2 he gave me a Super Bowl VII Champions Stuffed Toy Dolphin but I was too young to understand when we lived in Queens, New York. (I LOVE DOLPHINS and I never till 1/4/1983 there was a team in the NFL). Boy, how time flies by so quickly. This year, I hit 50 in May.

How old were you guys and gals when you became a fan?

We're similar age, I remember watching the Dolphins-Chargers playoff game in '81. I would have been 10 years old, been a fan ever since.

I have been a fan since 1966 and I was fortunate enough to be in the stands when Joe Auer returned the first kickoff in Dolphin history for a touchdown. I have seen the great years and the not so great years and I have attended over 400 Dolphin games at home and many on the road. My wife and I traveled to London to watch the first game the Dolphins played in England.

While I still purchase 4 season tickets every year as I have done since the 1971 season, my wife and I rarely attend the games anymore because the arthritis in my knees and back make sitting in the stands very uncomfortable. I just give the tickets and parking pass to my son-in-law and he takes my daughter and 2 grandsons to the games. I just keep telling my grandsons to keep the faith and eventually the Dolphins will turn it around and be a good team again. I just hope that happens before I am worm food.

Christmas Eve 1971, AFC divisional game , Chiefs and Phins at 10 years old I became the first Dolphins fan in my school. Man was it ruff since I live in the land of the Cheeseheads.
That’s exactly the day I became a Dolphins Fan, it’s been a crazy ride ever since, I believe the Good Times are here again. Alright Miami

I became a Dolfan a little over a month prior in the regular season game against the Jets, and believe it or not, it was because of David Woodley.

Wouldn't it be 37 years though? I know I'm old, but that's what my math shows.

Back
Top Bottom