Wow! Tomorrow 1/4/2020 I hit 38 years being a Miami Dolphins Fan | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow! Tomorrow 1/4/2020 I hit 38 years being a Miami Dolphins Fan

Been a fan since 1970 that makes it 50 years.And I stick with them through the good the bad and the ugly.

January 2, 1982 AFC Divisional playoff game against the San Diego Chargers. The hook and ladder game. I remember my mom making me take a shower in the middle of the game. Then making me go to bed because it was on for so long. I watched the rest of the game, lying down on the top of the stairs. We lost that game 41- 38 but, it all started with that game.

I started following sports in the mid 70's. I remember the Red Sox/Reds WS, Indiana's undefeated season, and the Steelers/Boys SB's.

I cheered for the Fins for one simple reason, sharks were cool and dolphins looked kinds like sharks, so...............................I was 9 so it makes sense.

And sharks are still cool.

Fan since 1975 ... my first year, Csonka and Kick jumped ship to join the World Football League. At the time Miami was the only team in the NFL to have won 2 Super Bowls, so I thought I was picking a winner. Boy was I wrong. But, I'm a Red Sox fan too, and endured many painful years before major success the past 16 years. So, I believe the Dolphins time will come!

Back
Top Bottom