Wow Wanstedt talks more **** than TO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow Wanstedt talks more **** than TO

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
Dave Wannstedt never saw it coming. Two weeks ago, the new Pitt coach and Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger were pictured side-by-side on a magazine cover as the new faces of Pittsburgh football. Wannstedt's early recruiting class was hailed as Pitt's best since the 1970s. Preseason interest and ticket sales were at 20-year highs. That No. 23 national ranking? Just the start of good things or, as Wannstedt said, great things to come at a school he felt was ready to win like it hasn't since the days of Tony Dorsett and Dan Marino. Then they started playing the games.
--Lincoln Journal-Star

:eek:

Now back to reallity:
Dave Wannstedt has lost 10 of his past 11 games, going back to last season when he coached the Miami Dolphins. It's his two losses at Pitt that are troubling to us. The one against Notre Dame, though disappointing because Pitt was ranked No. 23 and coming off a Fiesta Bowl bid, is at least tolerable, especially after the Irish beat Michigan at The Big House Saturday. But there's no getting around the loss at Ohio. It was just horrendous. That's why it was hard to buy into Wannstedt's attempt at a positive spin yesterday. "You can't lump the whole team into this," he said. He talked of the strides Pitt made against Ohio with its defense, running game and special teams. Well, guess what? Pitt is supposed to make big strides against a weak opponent. Beyond that, it has to win the game, no matter how poorly it plays. It failed miserably. It was a lot easier to believe Wannstedt when he predicted quarterback Tyler Palko will bounce back from his awful performance. "He's our guy. He's won a lot of games around here and will continue to win a lot of games." To give Palko a better chance, Wannstedt has replaced wide receiver Joe DelSardo in the starting lineup with Derek Kinder, more of a speed guy.
--Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/scorecard/

Click on the truth and rumors section.

Two games in the college season is huge. Can't say I'm too upset to hear about his team's failures. I don't wish him any malice but some of his post game speeches really irritated me.

dolphan98 said:
Two games in the college season is huge. Can't say I'm too upset to hear about his team's failures. I don't wish him any malice but some of his post game speeches really irritated me.

Especially when one of those losses were to a scrub team... :eek:

so i guess you could say from a quarterback standpoint, they need help.

Wannstedt really has an eye for QB talent, doesn't he? :D

texasPHINSfan said:
so i guess you could say from a quarterback standpoint, they need help.

Wannstedt really has an eye for QB talent, doesn't he? :D

I would say that the area they need help in is the HC

I'm still surprised that he took another high profile job so soon after the debacle in Miami...He should have taken a year off or just taken a Defensive coordinators job somewhere...Because that's where he's going to end up anyway.

I suspect his "nothing is ever wrong with my team" attitide will be even less popular in the college game than in the pros. That's probably the biggest thing that always bother me about him. How can you fix a problem when you refuse to admit that it even exists.

I am constantly amazed at the *******es that control college football. In particular Pitt. I am not a Pitt fan but it is a once proud college team. They had some sucess last year. The gray haired powers meet and come up with a plan. Hire Wanny!!!!! wtf He has destroyed the bears and dolphins and he is the best you can hire. Sounds to me like the some ******* college president and/or athletic director or who ever hired wanny guy needs an old fashioned a## whippin. Hire Wannstedt. That guy will have Pitt in the college football gutter in a year. I guarantee it.

Geeze... He sounds the same! I remember hearing that in his post-game press conference. It's amazing how he talks about making strides? You should have already made those strides...

I'm happy he is gone...

I think they should stick with Palko. He's won a ton of games around there, and he gives them the best chance to win

What i find the funniest about this situation, is its exactly like miami when the quaterback is playing piss poorly (Fiedler, Palko) instead of taking a look at that position he starts shuffling everyone else around, by benching a reciever for a reciever that has more speed. it dont know matter how much fast the new reciever is if the quarterback is making bad decisions and playing bad its not gonna make a difference who is there at reciever

Dan Marino

I hate to be happy for another man's failures, but I can't help it. I just can't get over how he put Dan Marino under the bus. I know his career was almost done, but I have complete disdain for Wannsmuck for handling the situation

Why are we still talking about Wanny? All you guys that hated him got your wish, he's gone, so why are we wasting space on him. Saban is the guy who is in charge now. He's the guy we need to be talking about, he's going to take us places!

Back
Top Bottom