WOW We blew a GOLDEN Opportunity. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW We blew a GOLDEN Opportunity.

WVdolphan said:
Since when do you have to lose to get good picks???? Nick Mangold was a future HOFer in the middle of the round. I think Marino was ok as a late first rounder. Jason Taylor wouldve been a good pick anywhere before the spot he was actually taken. You guys and the losing to move up in the draft kill me. LETS WIN OUT even if we dont make the playoffs.
Today was a reality check...we are not a good football team, we are not the worst, but we can't even beat a single team in our own divison, we have a crappy AFC record, we don't deserve to make the play offs. Sammy Morris proved that he can't get it done and neither can Travis Minor, it's time to get Ronnie Brown a good back up. Out of all the games left, the only one that looks like the Dolphins might win is the game against Buffalo.

Trekbiz said:
Not really sure why any of you really bought into the playoff stuff the last couple of weeks.

There was no golden opp. we lost this week.
Regardless of their play the last couple of weeks, it was still clear that we were a mid road team with glaring holes.

Those holes along with Ronnie Brown going down left a very grim reality that has been realized today.

Not only that, but it's not like we were one team away. There were three teams with identical records in front of us, and with our crappy conference record, it would have been near impossible even if we had won out. You can spell out all the scenarios you want, but when you're asking for that many things to happen, it's not likely.

If you want to talk about missed opportunities, I have a few suggestions.

1) Drew Brees
2) Losses to Buffalo...
3) ...Houston...
4) ...and Green Bay.

Making the playoffs would of still been a long shot even if they would of won today. The Jets won, Cincy won, Denver and KC would still have to lose another game each at least.

With the upcoming schedule, it would be good to see them even finish at .500

djphinfan said:
The sad part about todays loss was we did'nt blow it,the jags were younger, faster, stronger and better than us.

Plus they will have more cap money next year than we do...just a little more salt on the wound...sorry to say

WVdolphan said:
At 6-6 we wouldve been 1 game behind 4 teams for 2 spots. AND LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE NEXT WEEK....

KC has Baltimore
Jags play INDY
The broncos go to the BOLTS
the JESTS play a decent bills team and

only the bungles play a bad team in Oakland

Wow we couldve been sitting nice.

Ya know what LMAO.....ITS NOT OVER LETS GO

For some reason I still have hope. Tie breakers are tough on us now so lets just hope all these 5 lose next week and we win. The Jags schedule is brutal so 8-8 is definately possible for them. The Broncos???? Maybe Cutler will sabatage their whole season and they go 8-8. The chiefs could definately go 9-7 with what they have left. The Jets definately need to lose this week. The bungles will get us even at 9-7 and they have 2 almost lock wins left. So we need Denver, NY and Jax to go 8-8 and tie with the chiefs at 9-7. LETS GO LMAO NEVER SURRENDER.

Man let it go!!!!!
I am trying to think what can I say in regards to your hopeless hope........ :confused: You know what, whatever, good luck with that. I am just going to enjoy the rest of the season. Go fins, KILL NE!!!

This team could easily go 5-11 with our remaining schedule.

WVdolphan said:
At 6-6 we wouldve been 1 game behind 4 teams for 2 spots. AND LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE NEXT WEEK....

KC has Baltimore
Jags play INDY
The broncos go to the BOLTS
the JESTS play a decent bills team and

only the bungles play a bad team in Oakland

Wow we couldve been sitting nice.

Ya know what LMAO.....ITS NOT OVER LETS GO

For some reason I still have hope. Tie breakers are tough on us now so lets just hope all these 5 lose next week and we win. The Jags schedule is brutal so 8-8 is definately possible for them. The Broncos???? Maybe Cutler will sabatage their whole season and they go 8-8. The chiefs could definately go 9-7 with what they have left. The Jets definately need to lose this week. The bungles will get us even at 9-7 and they have 2 almost lock wins left. So we need Denver, NY and Jax to go 8-8 and tie with the chiefs at 9-7. LETS GO LMAO NEVER SURRENDER.

I like the post. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Hey, you never know. As I know you believe, unlikely, but HEY, it's possible. I can't say stranger things have happenned but it's good to know that at least we are still in it.

dw10 said:
I like the post. I couldn't agree more with the sentiment. Hey, you never know. As I know you believe, unlikely, but HEY, it's possible. I can't say stranger things have happenned but it's good to know that at least we are still in it.

Yep, just like before this game . . .we gotta just go out and handle ours and let the rest take shape. We can't be worried about other teams . . . the focus needs to solely be on New England this Sunday

Our chances are like Jim Carey's chances in 'Dumb and Dumber' with the hotchick.

Carey: So, what would you say my chances are of being your man
Hot Chick: 1 in a million.
Carey: So you're saying there's a chance. YESSS!!! I HAVE A CHANCE!

.....or something like that.

Same thing with the Fins. I think our odds may be slightly better than 1 in a million, but there's still a chance. Every week that goes by and we're still in it, makes it an interesting Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom