Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice...

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Seeing all of these other NFL teams handing out wacky contracts, it's really nice seeing us staying on the sidelines during the start of the FA tampering period. Trey Flower signs a mega contract elsewhere. Nick Foles signs a mega contract elsewhere.

Find those guys who fly under the radar who will be complementary pieces, and kick ass in the draft.

We've heard talk about it, and now we're seeing the action of it.

(this thread will go to **** if Miami makes some expensive signing)

There's an article by Barry Jackson. I just don't how to post the link. It essentially says, word around the league is, Miami will not spend big. They are taking a more economical approach to F/A. Also mentioned the enormous amount if cap space Miami will have moving forward to help the rebuild.

Seeing all of these other NFL teams handing out wacky contracts, it's really nice seeing us staying on the sidelines during the start of the FA tampering period. Trey Flower signs a mega contract elsewhere. Nick Foles signs a mega contract elsewhere.

Find those guys who fly under the radar who will be complementary pieces, and kick *** in the draft.

We've heard talk about it, and now we're seeing the action of it.

(this thread will go to **** if Miami makes some expensive signing)
I agree Jason. Let the other teams over spend. We just to draft smart.

This is playing out precisely the way I predicted (and honestly hoped) based on the primary directive Grier established.

R1 of FA means stay far away.

R2 of FA means pluck a bargain if you can

R3 of FA means go shopping in the bargain bin

Focus. Discipline. Dedication.

New words in Dolphins land.

BNF

I'm happy with it..

I'd see if Barr wants to play for Miami, but 2019 is a wash. Gonna open up tons of cap space and have a bad record to draft a legit qb prospect..2020 offseason will be fun.

According to Barry Jackson, Miami Could have as much as $120M in cap space in 2020. Just out of curiosity, who are the available F/A for 2020, a year where he says, Miami could become players?

According to the Article, Miami would need to absorb all of Tannehill's contract in 2019. Which is a big part of the cash influx for 2020. He also mentioned Alonzo, McDonald and Jones being cut. As well as the cap increasing to about $198m, as well as a big cap carryover from 2019. But also points out the $120m could decrease IF, Miami extends Tunsil and Howard. As it stands now, if Miami stays the course and resist 2019 F/A; Miami will start 2020 F/A at around $85m-$90m. Under the expected cap!!!

Back
Top Bottom