Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice...

According to the Article, Miami would need to absorb all of Tannehill's contract in 2019. Which is a big part of the cash influx for 2020. He also mentioned Alonzo, McDonald and Jones being cut. As well as the cap increasing to about $198m. But also points out the $120m could decrease IF, Miami extends Tunsil and Howard.

Interesting.

Yeah, Miami will be players next year in singing dudes..

If this is true, a smart GM would sign both James and Howard to new deals and have the bulk of the cap hits be in 2020. I know that’s what I would do.

Cool.

So you see yourself as a "smart GM" type.

Really?

According to Barry Jackson, Miami Could have as much as $120M in cap space in 2020. Just out of curiosity, who are the available F/A for 2020, a year where he says, Miami could become players?

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/

I’d like to see us sign and extended Howard, Tunsil and James give them slightly front loaded contracts this year with the money saved from Tannehill/Parker/Amendola isnt other bums who should be cut so we can have them at smaller 7/8 million numbers in 20/21 and onward

Well, I never claimed as such, but I do type in complete sentences and I don’t use 14 year old girl texting lingo, so I’m much closer than you are.

........can't we all just get along?

none of them have worked out for us...

Wallace - Bust
Ellerbe - Bust
Albert - was All-Pro in 2014 before he got hurt, but never lived up to the deal
Suh - great player, but no one not named Aaron Donald could have lived up to that asinine contract.
Exactly.

Look at that list … did even one of them make it to the end of their deal? Didn't we have buyer's remorse before we cut bait with them? We overpaid, and when those guys hit South Beach flush with cash … it didn't work out. Albert was productive, but the salary was foolishly--and unnecessarily--high. Ellerbe simply wasn't as good as advertised, and didn't really fit our scheme. Suh delivered, but played at a low-impact position compared to his extremely over-the-top salary and could never live up to expectations. Wallace was just a spoiled brat who saw South Beach as a playground and never was anything more than a cancerous deep threat.

IMHO, these guys were all poster-children of bad FA decisions. Ireland wanted younger and cheaper, got rid of Dansby and Burnett--two good LB's for us, and added two busts … definitely didn't help his legacy. Tannenbaum could take the wrap for the other guys I guess, and I was hoping we had stopped overpaying once we moved on from Tannenbaum. Early signs are mixed. Fingers crossed. I'm glad we're not big spenders in FA, and liked adding the good locker-room grinder type role player in Dwayne Allen. Hopefully that trend continues.

Well, I never claimed as such, but I do type in complete sentences and I don’t use 14 year old girl texting lingo, so I’m much closer than you are.

I assume you mean that you can "compose" complete sentences
rather than just type them -- tho I doubt you "type" given the
rather mundane subject matter you post and respond to...

Have fun!

I would love CJ Mosley, dude is a flat out baller but we won’t spend the money.

Anthony Barr is a stud too but he has motivation issues. It’s been the same issue since High School, my little bro played with him in HS and as a Bruin.

According to the Article, Miami would need to absorb all of Tannehill's contract in 2019. Which is a big part of the cash influx for 2020. He also mentioned Alonzo, McDonald and Jones being cut. As well as the cap increasing to about $198m, as well as a big cap carryover from 2019. But also points out the $120m could decrease IF, Miami extends Tunsil and Howard. As it stands now, if Miami stays the course and resist 2019 F/A; Miami will start 2020 F/A at around $85m-$90m. Under the expected cap!!!
Wow, I didn't see how we could cut Kiko Alonso, Reshad Jones or TJ McDonald with all that dead cap space, but if we can swallow it all in 2019, we really can tear this down to the ground and rebuild it from scratch. That would be a bold but good move, IMHO. It would also clearly signal that we're tanking with a plan.

Wow, I didn't see how we could cut Kiko Alonso, Reshad Jones or TJ McDonald with all that dead cap space, but if we can swallow it all in 2019, we really can tear this down to the ground and rebuild it from scratch. That would be a bold but good move, IMHO. It would also clearly signal that we're tanking with a plan.
No, the Kiko, McDonald and Jones cuts would be in the 2020 offseason, and be part of another cap purge that year. You can include Harris in that purge as well. Tannehill would have to be absorbed in 2019; if Miami chooses that course?

No, the Kiko, McDonald and Jones cuts would be in the 2020 offseason, and be part of another cap purge that year. You can include Harris in that purge as well. Tannehill would have to be absorbed in 2019; if Miami chooses that course?
Even without getting rid of ALL of those guys we still should have over 100mill in cap space for 2020. They just need to be smart and not tap into all of it in one off season cause then you're back to square one.

Back
Top Bottom