Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice...

Pains me to see Miami do nothing so far. Build for the future? Well since tomorrow is guaranteed let’s just wait 2-3 years more right?

Until we become perennial AFC contenders, we should avoid spending big money in Free Agency. Stop paying for once injured players hoping they would stay healthy with us. Spend the money on our own drafts picks (Tunsil, Howard, Fitzpatrick, etc.). I would also consider James if Miami can construct a team friendly deal without hurting the cap for years. James may get a bigger offer in other towns, but staying in Florida without State taxes has got to play a role in final negotiations.

Until we become perennial AFC contenders, we should avoid spending big money in Free Agency. Stop paying for once injured players hoping they would stay healthy with us. Spend the money on our own drafts picks (Tunsil, Howard, Fitzpatrick, etc.). I would also consider James if Miami can construct a team friendly deal without hurting the cap for years. James may get a bigger offer in other towns, but staying in Florida without State taxes has got to play a role in final negotiations.
I think James is gone. Even if you try to make it cap friendly for a year or two you'll still gonna get a hit at some point that you don't want. Trying hard to keep and get players created a mess for us so I'd not push too hard

No, the Kiko, McDonald and Jones cuts would be in the 2020 offseason, and be part of another cap purge that year. You can include Harris in that purge as well. Tannehill would have to be absorbed in 2019; if Miami chooses that course?
Ahhh, that makes a lot more sense then … I expected to move on from those guys in 2020.

I think James is gone. Even if you try to make it cap friendly for a year or two you'll still gonna get a hit at some point that you don't want. Trying hard to keep and get players created a mess for us so I'd not push too hard
I have expected James to be gone for quite some time now. Much like the Landry situation … you can see that the light at the end of the tunnel might just be an oncoming train full of FA cash to steamroll our chances of re-signing him at a reasonable rate.

I'm guessing that, in 2-3 seasons, we Dolphins fans are going to be grateful, Miami didn't waste money on 2019 F/A, who, most likely would've failed; in spite of fit? Times are changing in Miami.

Seeing all of these other NFL teams handing out wacky contracts, it's really nice seeing us staying on the sidelines during the start of the FA tampering period. Trey Flower signs a mega contract elsewhere. Nick Foles signs a mega contract elsewhere.

Find those guys who fly under the radar who will be complementary pieces, and kick *** in the draft.

We've heard talk about it, and now we're seeing the action of it.

(this thread will go to **** if Miami makes some expensive signing)
Agreed Jason. As I scrolled through all the agreements today, like you, I was quite happy to see Dolphins are not making splash signings. Need to do this the right way.

I think they've been perfectly clear this offseason that they weren't going to continue doing the same thing expecting different results. James is an average RT. He's not worth what he's about to get. Wake was a great phin but at 37. it's time to move on. If we play our cards right we could be in line for a 3rd and 4/5th round comp picks for those 2. If by chance we still go 7-9/9-7 next year we'll have some ammo to move up in the draft and we'll have a ton of money to extend tunsil, howard and go shopping. there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Not happy to see Frank Gore go.

But man look at these contracts being thrown out, there really aren't too many that I would point to and say "The Dolphins missed out here"

This just in! Dolphins sign tyrod Taylor to 5 year/ $127 million contract. All guaranteed!

There's an article by Barry Jackson. I just don't how to post the link. It essentially says, word around the league is, Miami will not spend big. They are taking a more economical approach to F/A. Also mentioned the enormous amount if cap space Miami will have moving forward to help the rebuild.

This is it for me right here. Build the DL & OL through the draft, get your QB, then have a shitload of cap space to build a contender.

Agree wiith the tone of entire thread- don’t understand Tyrod though. Hopefully just talk.

Back
Top Bottom