Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow, We're Finally Not Making Headlines For Fa Signings, And It's Kind Of Nice...

This “whole new era in Miami” is gonna get blown way out proportion. It’s not like we’ve adopted some new philosophy. We went hard after Trey Flowers one of the top FAs on the market, we ultimately just got beat out by a team with same familiarity in coaching staff with more money. I think if we had more cap space we would have outbid them. It’s gonna take at least to years to see if we’re serious, I wanna see how our FO handles having a lot of cap space available before I can say it’s not the same old FO.

I like sitting back seeing everyone else spend. just means we will get better depth. something we have been missing for years

I could see Jamie Collins taking a look-see here. He as cut by the browns.

Seeing all of these other NFL teams handing out wacky contracts, it's really nice seeing us staying on the sidelines during the start of the FA tampering period. Trey Flower signs a mega contract elsewhere. Nick Foles signs a mega contract elsewhere.

Find those guys who fly under the radar who will be complementary pieces, and kick *** in the draft.

We've heard talk about it, and now we're seeing the action of it.

(this thread will go to **** if Miami makes some expensive signing)

I'm with ya on this one.

MD should rebuild through the draft and pepper the team through FA.

And for COL, I hope some on this quaint little forum would stop acting like THE suburban housewife who just got kicked out of bed. In tears, dripping down their cheeks cause the FO just can't see it their way and sign some FA who had very probably their best years on some other team.

In all honestly, our beloved team will rebuild. And will likely not go to the big dance at least this upcoming season. But let's hope that in the seasons to come, that they will compete and make games wildly interesting, and give to us, dear die hard fans, our monies worth.

After all, we need to see more posts from muddy doggies, and the likes of wannyhiemer, and the rest of the motley crew.

I am the most sincerly yours,

The native STORM : )

This “whole new era in Miami” is gonna get blown way out proportion. It’s not like we’ve adopted some new philosophy. We went hard after Trey Flowers one of the top FAs on the market, we ultimately just got beat out by a team with same familiarity in coaching staff with more money. I think if we had more cap space we would have outbid them. It’s gonna take at least to years to see if we’re serious, I wanna see how our FO handles having a lot of cap space available before I can say it’s not the same old FO.
Count me unimpressed so far especially with the Flowers situation. I want to see some real coaching first and no more cry baby coaching that we I have seen the past 20 plus years where we first have to purge the current roster first just to learn we just have another unsuccessful coaching staff. Rinse repeat puke is all it's been around here.

It will also be interesting to see how empty the stadium will be this year for the dumpster product we are about to put on the field. We already have poor attendance as it is.

I assume you mean that you can "compose" complete sentences
rather than just type them -- tho I doubt you "type" given the
rather mundane subject matter you post and respond to...

Have fun!
Just let it go dude

So if you believe reports Flowers gave us a chance to match Detroit's offer but we declined. Team has a plan on what they want to spend and how to build... also apparently he was the Jets top target and he had no interest.

But on a serious note teams that spend big in FA rarely do well. Washington never became a serious contender. It blew up in our face. The year the Eagles went all in they imploded. Gotta be smart with money

So if you believe reports Flowers gave us a chance to match Detroit's offer but we declined. Team has a plan on what they want to spend and how to build... also apparently he was the Jets top target and he had no interest.

But on a serious note teams that spend big in FA rarely do well. Washington never became a serious contender. It blew up in our face. The year the Eagles went all in they imploded. Gotta be smart with money

I mean I think the main takeaway is . . . There really is nothing Miami could do, or not do, in FA, that really will move the needle much.

The biggest positive is we are giving ourselves a clean slate by purging cap and not filling it back up with UFA temptation.

Team needs to draft well, take care of their young stars and get a future QB. The Flores regime needs to coach and develop young players and everything else will fall in place.

I mean I think the main takeaway is . . . There really is nothing Miami could do, or not do, in FA, that really will move the needle much.

The biggest positive is we are giving ourselves a clean slate by purging cap and not filling it back up with UFA temptation.

Team needs to draft well, take care of their young stars and get a future QB. The Flores regime needs to coach and develop young players and everything else will fall in place.

That too yes. I expect after the initial big bucks of FA Miami will be players for the mid level guys. Yeah we've talked Malcolm Brown, but also a guy like AJ Cann who was a solid RG for the Jaguars but had a down year last year. Maybe take a flyer on a guy like Shane Rey

Well day one has past. I'm still in sticker shock, watching these deals getting done. We should be learning the fate of Tannehill, Quinn, Sitton and Spence in the next 24 hours or so. I'm still hoping Miami can pull off a trade or two, involving any of these guys. The Jets made massive moves on defense with Barr and Mosley. I'm hoping if Darron Lee is cut, Miami be interested? I expect Wake to sign with a contender. And wish him nothing but the best of luck if he does. But most of all, I'm happy Miami hasn't fallen victim to over spending. Time lock up Howard and Tunsil.

Honestly, I think they are waiting for next year where they will have about $70M after giving our guys extensions. Either way, team has a plan and are sticking to it. Sign the cut F/A (there will be a lot of them come Thursday @ 4P ET), don't count towards the comp pick formula. We may finally be realizing competency at work here.... but i don't want to get ahead of myself either.

This “whole new era in Miami” is gonna get blown way out proportion. It’s not like we’ve adopted some new philosophy. We went hard after Trey Flowers one of the top FAs on the market, we ultimately just got beat out by a team with same familiarity in coaching staff with more money.

We did not make a competitive offer for Flowers according to his agent.

ONLY sign players that get cut. Right now we have 2 3rd round picks likely coming next year, so if we are going to sign a player we need to make sure it's worth giving up a day 2 pick for
^ This guy gets it.... It's what competent FO's do... Unless it's someone that a generational talent that's a f/a, you only sign cut players.

Back
Top Bottom