wow, what a let down.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wow, what a let down....

jac3477

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. and i sur as hell love football, i love watching it, i love the game, and most of all...i of course love the dolphins. but the nfl is becoming a business....a media praising, ratings getting, merchandise/advertising dealing big corporation. Like everything else in this country, this is a business..and the truth is, there wasnt too much market value in the seattle seahawks winning the super bowl.

ladies and gentleman, officiating in the nfl, is DEFINETELY biased. im not saying theres a specific plan at the begging of the season for who is gonna win the super bowl. but officiating has not only played a huge roll in games in relation to its inconsistency, but 'coincidentally' seems to favor those good ol popular teams. hence, us dolphins fans being irrate about the officiating the past few seasons. WE are not a ratings getter anymore, we are not the hot comodity (we sure as hell will be tho :fire: ) ...neither are the seahawks, and the seahawks wer escrewed last night. there was the blown td call, there was the ridiculous call on the field that hasselbeck fucmbled when he was clearly touched (in teh replay one can clearly see a ref a mere 5 feet from the action looking right at foote as he GRABS hasselbecks jersey before the qb goes down). what about the horrible call on the paloumalu (sp?) int in the colts game. i dont need to go thru all of this, you all have complained about the lousy reffing all year..lousy and completely inconsistent. such as how chad johnsons ratings boosting gimmicks get almost a minute air time after a td but booker and chambers get flagged for a 5 second end zone celebration.

but hey, this is nothing new...we saw this favoring bias in officals when they gave new england their super bowl a few years back with the infamous tuck rule play, where brady had clearly fumbled the ball.

i understand that officiatimg will be inconsistent, and not flawless, but what we saw this season was absolutely ridiculous. and its only been escalating adn will continue to escalate...everything is a market, the whole bettis to detroit for his final game thing, the whole pittsburg being a blue collar city and how that appeals to most americans..its all gimmicks, its all manufactured. the players are giving it their all as far as i can tell (to give the steelers their credit), but theres something in the works here, something we dont kno about ...its a scheme, there are billions of dollars on the line and many people to please. unfortunately, we are headed in the wrong direction..but mark my words, this will be exposed one way or another.

I URGE YOU TO GO RESEARCH PAST SUPER BOWL WINNERS AND THEIR CORRELATION TO HIGH RATING< HIGH SELLING TEAMS..YOU WILL BE ASTONISHED.

One other thing..im from cincy and i went to 6 bengals games this season (my friends are all big fans). and theres something interesting you dont catch on tvthe officials LITERALLY hault the game, so that the whole crouwd can focus its attention on chad johnson after he scores, my friend and i had a wager on how long they would allow him to celebrate in the sixth game i went to and they allowed a 39 second chad johnsons solo celebration in the end zone, which then extened into the bengals sideline. all while mcmike gets ripped for holding the ball out in the frst bills game...its bull ****

jac3477 said:
i'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. and i sur as hell love football, i love watching it, i love the game, and most of all...i of course love the dolphins. but the nfl is becoming a business....a media praising, ratings getting, merchandise/advertising dealing big corporation. Like everything else in this country, this is a business..and the truth is, there wasnt too much market value in the seattle seahawks winning the super bowl.

ladies and gentleman, officiating in the nfl, is DEFINETELY biased. im not saying theres a specific plan at the begging of the season for who is gonna win the super bowl. but officiating has not only played a huge roll in games in relation to its inconsistency, but 'coincidentally' seems to favor those good ol popular teams. hence, us dolphins fans being irrate about the officiating the past few seasons. WE are not a ratings getter anymore, we are not the hot comodity (we sure as hell will be tho :fire: ) ...neither are the seahawks, and the seahawks wer escrewed last night. there was the blown td call, there was the ridiculous call on the field that hasselbeck fucmbled when he was clearly touched (in teh replay one can clearly see a ref a mere 5 feet from the action looking right at foote as he GRABS hasselbecks jersey before the qb goes down). what about the horrible call on the paloumalu (sp?) int in the colts game. i dont need to go thru all of this, you all have complained about the lousy reffing all year..lousy and completely inconsistent. such as how chad johnsons ratings boosting gimmicks get almost a minute air time after a td but booker and chambers get flagged for a 5 second end zone celebration.

but hey, this is nothing new...we saw this favoring bias in officals when they gave new england their super bowl a few years back with the infamous tuck rule play, where brady had clearly fumbled the ball.

i understand that officiatimg will be inconsistent, and not flawless, but what we saw this season was absolutely ridiculous. and its only been escalating adn will continue to escalate...everything is a market, the whole bettis to detroit for his final game thing, the whole pittsburg being a blue collar city and how that appeals to most americans..its all gimmicks, its all manufactured. the players are giving it their all as far as i can tell (to give the steelers their credit), but theres something in the works here, something we dont kno about ...its a scheme, there are billions of dollars on the line and many people to please. unfortunately, we are headed in the wrong direction..but mark my words, this will be exposed one way or another.

I URGE YOU TO GO RESEARCH PAST SUPER BOWL WINNERS AND THEIR CORRELATION TO HIGH RATING< HIGH SELLING TEAMS..YOU WILL BE ASTONISHED.

I agree to some extent....and yest they did blow some huge calls....that shouldve been a TD by the seahwks when they called Offensive PI

Superself said:
:rolleyes2

wow! thanks for that intellectual, eye-opening response.... :shakeno:

you know if you disagree, tell me why, were all just phins fans here talking about these things in the off season, we can agree to disagree, but at least give me some respect, or save your eye rolling for someone who cares.

I agree that the officiating has not been good in the play-offs, but I'm not sure about the conspiracy theory. How does that explain the Patriots actually having a bad call go against them against Denver? And how could Pittsburgh have a bad call go against them vs. Indy, but then have bad calls in their favor vs. Seattle? I don't think there's a conspiracy.....I just think the officiating wasn't very good in the play-offs this year.

DolphinzD said:
I agree that the officiating has not been good in the play-offs, but I'm not sure about the conspiracy theory. How does that explain the Patriots actually having a bad call go against them against Denver? And how could Pittsburgh have a bad call go against them vs. Indy, but then have bad calls in their favor vs. Seattle? I don't think there's a conspiracy.....I just think the officiating wasn't very good in the play-offs this year.

that is a very valid point, that is why i am not saying that there is some over all scheme or plan for the seasons outcome, i think that officiating is biased 'after the fact' meaning they let teams play, and only try to influence things heavily. im not saying they carry a team thru a season. great point tho...

like i said, im not saying its one thing or another , im just saying the whole thing is very fishy .

jac3477 said:

I hate to dissagree with you but you are oversimplifying things with a blanket statement of " ladies and gentleman, officiating in the nfl, is DEFINETELY biased."

While I'm sure that the league [and the TV talking heads] would much rather see NE against the Giants or Cowboys, but that is merely marketing. If the Seattle wins the next 2 SBs, they'd be the media and marketing darlings. The Fins were accused of being the darlings in the 70's because of our success. Heck, Shula was accused by many as 'manipulating' the rules committee [which he was on]. The introduction of instant replay has done more good to the game than bad. The call on the Ben TD was iffy. I've looked at that at least 30 times [thanks to tivo] and still can't decide. I hate to dissagree with you, but the replay isn't conclusive, period. So the call on the field stands.

I think that, having watched football closely for a long time (long before IR, NFL channel and Sunday Ticket), the officials have gotten a sliver worse than before, but the overall officiating is better. I remember watching many games, some live, some on TV and the calls were atrochious. (sp).

Unfortunately, the examples you list are not very good...Chad gets a minute of airtime (which is not the officiating, BTW) and doesn't get a call, but Chambers and Booker broke the rules...the rule states you can't have a team celebration...more than one person constitutes a 'team celebration'...the call was right, ticky-tacky...but right.

As much as it hurt, the tuck rule deal was called correctly...according to the rule at that time...it has since been changed...but at the time of that call...that is how the rule read....Polomaolou (sp) was a bad call, clearly missed by the refs and the replay. It was admitted as so.

Yes there is work to be done on the officiating, but it is clearly better than 10 years ago. Anyone who has watched a lot of football knows this. At any rate, there is clearly no conspiracy because if you visit any other NFL fan forum board, you'll hear the same things about their teams...Go to Ganggreen.com and read thru the posts...they think that every official wants to see the Jests fail to win any game.... A lot of it is the nature of the game and wanting to win and all that....give the refs a break too, they have probably the most scrutinized profession in the world, both by the league and millions of fans...

One other thing, media and TV coverage has gotten so much better and more entrenched in our heads...ESPN, NFL channel run replays of replays of replays all day long now where that wasn't the case, even 5 years ago....To keep interest in the games, we'll be talking about the officiating all offseason even tho it really doesn't matter much....

I instinctively think about the NFL the same way. But deep down when I think about it I know there is no conspiracy. Would owners stand idly by as their teams got screwed? Wouldn't one official in the history of the NFL same something to collaberate the theory. Finally, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the NFL to remain straight. The NFL would instantly go down in flames if it was found out that everything was fixed. I think what does happen for most teams is they get a bad rap and then everything is called against them. This also works vice versa.

e.g. The Colts are so good, they play such disciplined football and never make mistakes. Therefore they don't get called for penalties. or The Colts offense is just that good. Therefore their lineman don't hold and their WRs don't push off.

The Raiders are a dirty team. Therefore they get every nitpick call against them.

The Ravens are a very aggresive and physical team. Therefore they get nitpick calles against them.

AT THE START OF THE YEAR. Well the Dolphins were the second worst team in the league last year and they were one of the most penalized. Therefore their offense can't be that good. They must be holding. Or their defense can't be that good they must be doing something.

I think this is more what happens with officials. They are highly influenced by popular opinion and follow suit. That is why the Colts never get called for pushing off or holding despite doing it on every play. That is why the Patriots defense is allowed to mug receivers every play. That is also why the Raiders are still the most penalized team year in year out despite changing coaches/philosophies/players every year.

PhinsPhan said:
I instinctively think about the NFL the same way. But deep down when I think about it I know there is no conspiracy. Would owners stand idly by as their teams got screwed? Wouldn't one official in the history of the NFL same something to collaberate the theory. Finally, wouldn't it be in the best interest of the NFL to remain straight. The NFL would instantly go down in flames if it was found out that everything was fixed. I think what does happen for most teams is they get a bad rap and then everything is called against them. This also works vice versa.

e.g. The Colts are so good, they play such disciplined football and never make mistakes. Therefore they don't get called for penalties. or The Colts offense is just that good. Therefore their lineman don't hold and their WRs don't push off.

The Raiders are a dirty team. Therefore they get every nitpick call against them.

The Ravens are a very aggresive and physical team. Therefore they get nitpick calles against them.

AT THE START OF THE YEAR. Well the Dolphins were the second worst team in the league last year and they were one of the most penalized. Therefore their offense can't be that good. They must be holding. Or their defense can't be that good they must be doing something.

I think this is more what happens with officials. They are highly influenced by popular opinion and follow suit. That is why the Colts never get called for pushing off or holding despite doing it on every play. That is why the Patriots defense is allowed to mug receivers every play. That is also why the Raiders are still the most penalized team year in year out despite changing coaches/philosophies/players every year.

good point. after all the refs are human. but I do think that officiating in the NFL must improve, something`s got be done about it

Back
Top Bottom