Wow!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wow!!!!

jonanthans

LES f**g MILES
Reaction score
Pro Football Weekly has a comprehensive look at last year's Wonderlic scores, which includes a comparison between the combine score and the score generated in the prior year. Some of the low scores included a nine for receiver Chris Henry, a nine for defensive end Eric Moore, a nine for defensive tackle Mike Patterson, a nine for cornerback Lamont Reid, an eight for cornerback Cedric Williams, and a six for running back Frank Gore. Guard Willie McNeill got a zero.

The lowest quarterback score was Brock Berlin's 13.

But Berlin more than doubled up on Young.

So that gave us an idea. We printed out the 15 sample questions that we posted on Saturday, and we asked Florio Jr. (who is in the third grade and whose class has yet to delve into the multiplication tables) to sit down and give the thing a try. We gave him five minutes, which admittedly is a slightly greater questions-per-minute average than the NFL types get to answer 50.

Florio Jr. got five of them right.

Five out of 15 for a third-grader. Six out of 50 for a guy who attended multiple years of college, without failing out.

One reader suggested to us that Young's low score suggests that he might have a learning disability. That's fine, but how does a guy with such a disability remain academically eligible at a major institution like the University of Texas?

Stay tuned. This thing raises a ton of questions, and we have a feeling that it eventually will mushroom into a far bigger story than it already is (especially since, you know, we're the only ones talking about it).​

I think too many people are making a connection that a poor wonderlic score equals a poor ability to memorize material such as play book plays. Not so. The wonderlic tests one's ability to anaylze written information in a short amount of time. My brother would do poorly on the wonderlic because he is dyslexic, but as an enlisted man he was recruited by the naval academy because of his performance in naval classes which included such tasks as memorizing all the boats in the fleet along with their range, armor, and capacity and being able to recognize them as they are flashed on a screen. The wonderlic does not necessarily test your ability to memorize large amounts of information (learning a playbook or memorizing ships in a fleet) or quickness of visual analyzation (reading a defense or recognizing individual ships at a glance).

truncatus said:
I think too many people are making a connection that a poor wonderlic score equals a poor ability to memorize material such as play book plays. Not so. The wonderlic tests one's ability to anaylze written information in a short amount of time. My brother would do poorly on the wonderlic because he is dyslexic, but as an enlisted man he was recruited by the naval academy because of his performance in naval classes which included such tasks as memorizing all the boats in the fleet along with their range, armor, and capacity and being able to recognize them as they are flashed on a screen. The wonderlic does not necessarily test your ability to memorize large amounts of information (learning a playbook or memorizing ships in a fleet) or quickness of visual analyzation (reading a defense or recognizing individual ships at a glance).

Nor does it test whether you can throw the damn ball and fake jockstraps out everywhere. I think the whole thing could be a fluke. So be it. Let him drop. Some team is going to be very very lucky. I see it coming. BTW< Cutler is going to New Orleans. Which means the Jets have already talked to Houston about trading up so they can get Cutler. Its obvious the whole world is slobbering all over this kid and I think he will be the most sought after prospect that causes the draft to make very serious moves.

Back
Top Bottom