Wqam | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wqam

fairbanksb

Panhandler
Reaction score
Maddog says he expects McKinney to start at either tackle or center. Says Robert Edwards probable won't make the team and Henry will. McMicheal did squat the last six games of last year and has to step up. Chambers needs to show something,too.

McMicheals fading out wasnt his fault. Wanny has said he didnt really get the action he should have, some of it was Lucas not liking to throw to the TE. McMicheal claimed he was used more like a Tackle.

Dude Maddog also said somethin crazy like Greg Jerman will start at RG. The guy's nuts. His starting offensive line would probably be McKinney-Dixon-Ruddy-Jerman-Wade.

McKinney at TACKLE? Thats just psycho.

Mad Dog said don't hold this against him but it is jus what he thinks. He says come back to me at the end of pre-season and we will see how well I did. This is what HE THINKS, not in anyway what is going to happen.

Yeah but Randy Mac visibly slowed in the second half of the season. He lost the burst and athletic ability that he had. You could see it. I remember I think against Baltimore, he had a nice long reception where he got the ball about 15 yards downfield but he was behind all the defenders. It ended up going for like 30-40 yards but you could see while he was running he was so damn slow...earlier in the season he would have busted that for a long azz touchdown Shannon Sharpe style.

Well he is a Freshman (so to speak) and wasn't use to the long schedule of 16 games. Alot of rookies have problems adjusting their first iyear. I am sure he has improved his physique.

McMichael had a foot or leg injury of some kind before the Baltimore game didnt he?

Dolphins | McMichael Dinged
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:38:56 -0700
The Palm Beach Post's Jamey Eisenberg reports Miami Dolphins rookie TE Randy McMichael (foot) was on crutches and had his left foot in a walking boot. He said he will be OK and that "the bye week's coming at a good time so my body can heal."

Dolphins | Wannstedt Speaks On McMichael - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:39:49 -0800
Todd Archer reports for the Palm Beach Post Miami Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt had this to say about TE Randy McMichael: "Randy, I think he kind of got lost in the shuffle a little bit. Through the changes, we weren't getting the ball to the tight end as much later on. I don't have an answer for you. I think Randy will be a heck of a player as long as he comes in and approaches this year like he did last year. He's got to have a bit of a chip on his shoulder. He needs to come in with the same attitude."

Seems to me if he's on crutches one week, but still out there playing the next it might adversly effect his speed, and the fact he never pulled the Fred"im not quite 100%" Taylor i think its a great thing. Wanny says it also in the above quote he wasnt a big part of the offense later on either, so i would give the guy a break he was a 4th rounder and it was his rookie year. Add in another fact that our starting QB was out and I'd say he did great.

Well I know he wasn't used, but I think part of the reason he was not used much was the coaches knew he was slowing down. Remember, it wasn't just that we weren't throwing to the TE. The first half of the year R-Mac was so good he blanked Jed Weaver who had a goose egg for production in the first 8 games. Second 8 games he had 6 catches for 75 yards and 3 TDs.

I mean thats 3 touchdowns that I think Randy Mac would have gotten if he wasn't battling the plantar faciatis tear in his foot, and if he wasn't sort of hitting the rookie wall. He was slowing down and so the coaches lost confidence in him. I think this year they won't lose confidence in him

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Dude Maddog also said somethin crazy like Greg Jerman will start at RG. The guy's nuts. His starting offensive line would probably be McKinney-Dixon-Ruddy-Jerman-Wade.

McKinney at TACKLE? Thats just psycho.

YO CK the other guy heard him wrong.Maddog said he sees Mckinney starting at center or guard and there no way he doesn't start.

Back
Top Bottom