wr a need? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wr a need?

jbond said:
why would we need to lose them? I'm still interested in seeing Gordon carry the ball if he can stay healthy and Morris will be a good blocker for him now that Konrad is gone (as well as for Special teams) or to help with carries in addition to Minor.
I meant to injury. You said that WR would be a SERIOUS need if we lose CC or MB. I agree with you somewhat. But I also think that Newson and Thompson could step it up if needed. I was saying that RB would be a bigger need if we lost Morris and Gordon. Really nobody to step it up. That's all:D

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Didn't Newsom get released just a week or so ago?
Don't think so. I haven't hear anything like that. Anybody know for sure?

gofins said:
Don't think so. I haven't hear anything like that. Anybody know for sure?

Different Newson. The one we have will compete for a job in camp.

I agree gofins about RBs being injured and we went through our share of troubles trying to find someone to fill that hole. Hopefully we can trade down, get another RB and extra picks. If we can't trade down...I advocate taking Braylon and hope the 3 headed horse (Gordon, Morris, Minor) can pull us through for the year without the injuries sustained last year.

I did enjoy seeing Brock take the load one game and he showed some potential as well.

jbond said:
I agree gofins about RBs being injured and we went through our share of troubles trying to find someone to fill that hole. Hopefully we can trade down, get another RB and extra picks. If we can't trade down...I advocate taking Braylon and hope the 3 headed horse (Gordon, Morris, Minor) can pull us through for the year without the injuries sustained last year.

I did enjoy seeing Brock take the load one game and he showed some potential as well.
I'd like to see us draft Braylon and have Ricky in the backfield again.
Yes I am serious!

That would be remarkable IF our OL stepped up and played well. I also wouldn't mind Alex Smith.

A 3rd receiver is definitely a need.

And Alex Barron, for the dude who said there are no top 10 worthy O-Linemen, is definitely a top 10 worthy O-Lineman.

I'd like to take Barron/Johnson or Spears if we could trade down to Minn. #7

jbond said:
I'd like to take Barron/Johnson or Spears if we could trade down to Minn. #7

I think there's better at 7, but at 13 if the Texans want to trade up for Barron I'd definitely take T.J.

quite a few mocks have Barron going to Tenn at #6 although I think with our aging LB (zach / seau) I'd rather use it on a sure bet for that group. Barron's the top rated tackle and the only one worth taking IMO although reports suggest he may or may not fill the LT spot. PacMan or Antrel Rolle would be a good pickup as well in the top 10 if we let Pat go.

Glad I don't have to make the ultimate decsion :)

jbond said:
why would we need to lose them? I'm still interested in seeing Gordon carry the ball if he can stay healthy and Morris will be a good blocker for him now that Konrad is gone (as well as for Special teams) or to help with carries in addition to Minor.

i agree, especially after giving up a pick for him (a 3rd i think)

maybe with linehan, and our current backs, we'll run 'em platoon-style like they did in minny with o smith, m bennett, m williams, and m moore

one key to their success over there was kleinsasser

thought konrad could've been that guy, but he's gone to oak-town now

i dont think mcmike is a good enough blocker though, but i do love hime

Lee's a better blocker then McMike and Morris could be the lead blocker as FB with McMike at TE and have Gordon as primary RB and Minor as the chanage-of-pace back (like normal) and throw in the occasional play for Morris to get some carries or screens and it sounds like a decent plan....if they stay healthy and the passing game improves to where there's not an 8 man front 3 out of 4 downs.

Back
Top Bottom