WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

Agree. This narrative is annoying. He only had that horrible average last year w that horrible QB back there. People here seem to believe not only did he decide to run his own routes, he also called the plays.
This... Well said.

I think some people aren't paying attention to the contracts being handed out this season. You were not signing a WR for under 14.5m per. While this signing is one of those......."meh I'll wait and see" the money involved is actually good. At first I was like WTF and then the other contract details from around the league came rolling in and I was like holy **** WTF!

Albert Wilson is not getting $8 million a year either.

If it isn't bad in terms of ability, and he's already healthy, productive, not needing to change position, young, no attitude problem, how does this wreak of your insanity complaint?

Because I don't consider a career average of 386 yards and 2 TD's a year "productive". He is not getting paid like a guy with those numbers so they are expecting him to be more than he ever has been. He is getting paid the same APR as Kenny Stills who averaged 684 yards and 5 TD per year and was rewarded for giving us 726 yards & 9 TD's. One of the FEW good contracts and acquisitions who is earning his money.

We have no idea of the attitude issue because it was his MO coming out of college. Do you know that he has changed? How he will he coexist in the locker room in the future? I only say this because of....

Nolan Nawrocki before his draft year....

Weaknesses
Has carried a sense of entitlement and is still learning what it means to be a pro. Could require some additional maintenance.

I get it. They are paying him for his potential BUT at a price. I'm skeptical because the FO's FA moves have rarely worked out and he is said to struggle against man coverage and have a very small catch radius.

Because I don't consider a career average of 386 yards and 2 TD's a year "productive". He is not getting paid like a guy with those numbers so they are expecting him to be more than he ever has been. He is getting paid the same APR as Kenny Stills who averaged 684 yards and 5 TD per year and was rewarded for giving us 726 yards & 9 TD's. One of the FEW good contracts and acquisitions who is earning his money.

We have no idea of the attitude issue because it was his MO coming out of college. Do you know that he has changed? How he will he coexist in the locker room in the future? I only say this because of....

Nolan Nawrocki before his draft year....

I get it. They are paying him for his potential BUT at a price. I'm skeptical because the FO's FA moves have rarely worked out and he is said to struggle against man coverage and have a very small catch radius.

he's been in the league 4 years. he's been productive in his role with the chiefs (kelce eats up a lot of targets).

he might make $4.7 million this year ($4 mill of his guarantee and $700,000 veteran minimum salary). who knows?

To be fair, most of the people on that thread seem to be glad he's gone for the price the Dolphins signed him.

They also think the Chiefs made a great deal paying 16/mil a year for a receiver who has only surpassed 1000 yards once during his 4 years in the league. Sammy Watkins is extremely talented but he hasn't dominated like he was expected to. Whether that has been because of injuries or the offenses that he has been on. Either way the Chiefs' deal for Watkins seems just as risky if not more so than the Dolphins' deal for Wilson.

They also think the Chiefs made a great deal paying 16/mil a year for a receiver who has only surpassed 1000 yards once during his 4 years in the league. Sammy Watkins is extremely talented but he hasn't dominated like he was expected to. Whether that has been because of injuries or the offenses that he has been on. Either way the Chiefs' deal for Watkins seems just as risky if not more so than the Dolphins' deal for Wilson.

Watkins has potentially game changing talent. Not that I think the deal is worth it for him, but he was a top draft pick for a reason. Parker will get a similar deal if he has a typical Parker year next year.

Not sure how this will play out through the rest of the season and as Wilson was being seen as Landry's replacement...

Through 3 games...Albert Wilson s responsible for 3 TD's

Through 3 games...Jarvis Landry is responsible for a 2pt conversion

You know, I get the feeling that Gase had a plan or something when he asked the front office to pursue Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom