WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ronmoney29, Mar 13, 2018.

1. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Yea but most blasting this signing have no clue who this kid is. The player sucks, the FO sucks all because they don't know the player.

Good stuff.

Spiff and circumstances like this.
  2. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

8 ****ing million for this guy? That is a massive overpay.

With losing Landry and Suh, it lessened the blow a bit thinking the fins are doing an actual rebuild. But that's not what's happening. Trader Mike just needed to free up space to do what he does in FA. You don't pay Quinn and Albert like that if you're taking it down to the studs.

Losing your best players so you can overspend on mediocre ... this should go exactly as expected.

superphin, Jimi and randomname like this.
  3. Newmpiece17

Newmpiece17 Active Member

Only 3.43 million per TD, what a great deal!!!!

4. Tiko377

Tiko377 A True Fan

Quinn is not avg he could easily get 15 sacks that type of talent

5. Newmpiece17

The guy has been in the league for 4 years, gets 40 catches a year and is being paid like a WR2. He is a scrub

6. andyahs

If only 12 is guaranteed, it'd be 4 million. Not an overpay at all.

$16 million is a huge overpay.

circumstances and TannDaMan17 like this.
  7. Newmpiece17

Everyone remember when KC receivers didn't catch a touchdown for a full year....Yup he was one of them LOL

Jimi and ForksPhin like this.
  8. andyahs

Another overused word on finheaven if a signing is not liked. Scub!

9. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 Well-Known Member

I actually love this signing, speed kills and he doesn't appear to be the diva Juice is. But losing Suh really hurts, can't figure that one out, especially since we restructured that contract :wall

SF Dolphin Fan and fin415 like this.
  10. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

As you said slightly and with much less catches which usually results in a better average.

11. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

True, but more importantly, they also get more cap money to make moves in the off-season. Miami needed to get rid of players they did not see in their plans, and others because they were just too expensive to keep.

The dead money is high because they had to get out of huge contracts, the not paying money to the best player is because they are trying to be responsible with what they think players should be paid, so as to not get in the situation again later.

They have only gotten rid of a few players so far, if Miami ends up getting rid of Tannehill, and a few more starters, then it could be rebuilding, but as long as they keep most of their starters, all that is happening is trying to find more money to be able to load up a few more key players in key areas they determine will help them to be competitive this year, and more so next year.

fin415 likes this.
  12. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

Not happy at all. I could have lived with 6 million... I guess. But with this team looking like a top 10 draft team next year i figured wed st least try to use Carroo and Grant and see what they can do. Nope, let's overpay a WR whose done almost nothing in his career. 6 million more for Landry had to be worth it.

13. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

How on earth do you figure he's smarter?

Miamifinz likes this.
  14. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

What leads you to believe he's worth that contract?

15. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Haven’t you heard? Jarvis Landry didn’t know the playbook and 95% of his 400 catches were made while running the incorrect route. Also, he used to beat up children during charity events. And he farted constantly in the locker room. Ruined the culture.

dahlmarino, Jimi and royalshank like this.
  16. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

It was an attempt at sarcasm w the “game changer” narrative that’s being thrown around here to justify every good player we let walk or trade.

17. BobDole

So we're selectively applying that logic to Wilson and not Landry ... even though one hasn't been disclosed and the other never happened? Beans that are cool.

18. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

This move was the plan all along. T-Bum just saved his job. This move makes us Super Bowl contenders

Jimi likes this.
  19. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Sorry it's just hard being a fin fan to know the difference anymore. Landry and Suh gone but Pouncey still here not sure that is a culture change.

royalshank likes this.
  20. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

While his numbers are relatively pedestrian, the allure of Wilson is his versatility.

Miami has vowed to find players who have position flexibility and Wilson provides just that. During his final season at Georgia State, the Port St. Lucie High School grad rushed for 251 yards on yards on 24 carries. Adding a player who can make plays as a slot receiver or at the “F” position, as well as in the backfield adds another dimension to the Dolphins’ offense. Wilson will also be relied upon to contribute in the return game.

With the signing of Wilson, the Dolphins will now have a receiver on the field at the same time as Kenyan Drake who they can hand the ball off to, in an effort to manage Drake’s workload. While Tyreek Hill was the wide receiver who took his fair share of handoffs with the Chiefs, but Wilson occasionally lined up in the backfield as well.

circumstances likes this.
  21. BobDole

I liked the signing but 27 year old pass rushers tend to net more in trade. Bad back and a brain tumor. He could go either way but let's keep in mind it's been some years since he was a force. Hence the price tag.

22. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Quite agree. Best defensive player gone, best offensive player gone. Hopefully we resign Moore and Cutler

royalshank likes this.
  23. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

Because as so many here have pointed out, year-in-year-out CAP inflation. Personally, I think it's nuts. But that's why these players pay agents -- to fight tooth and nail, pitting multiple teams against each other, in order to get the max out of each contract.

The NFL is going to have their 2008 CAP always goes up crash and I can't imagine it's all that far off.

24. Bowzer

Bowzer Active Member

Guy can run a WR screen as good as anyone. Look at his highlights. I have a feeling this is why he is here.

25. royalshank

I think it would be good for the game TBH if that type of crash happened. How much more can ticket prices, parking, popcorn, beer etc continue to rise to pay average players $8mil per year.

26. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

For 12 more catches a 500 percent raise and he was signed last year to a 1 year deal

27. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

Since I'm one of those people throwing that around over the past couple of days, I'll ask: who is/was a consistent game changer/required the opposing team to scheme for them?

Suh is the only one that even remotely comes to mind, but based on the numbers, it sure looks like some combination of our not having the right people behind him and, while other teams had to double, it was manageable.

So, I still think it's fair to ask: is/was that player a game changer if they are/were asking for position leading contract terms.

28. royalshank

If you listened to opposing coaches and o-coordinators they always talked about having to game plan around Suh and how disruptive he was. From belicheck to the coach of the chargers - whatever his name is - running off at halftime doing his obligatory interview. He uttered something about Suh being a real pain in their arses to some effect. In 2016 you had to plan for Ajai. You have to respect Stills going deep on you. You do have to try to make us beat you w Landry (and we won’t) but I really believe that was an artifact of Jay Cutler more than anything else.

29. dolpns13

dolpns13 Chest Rockwell is my hero Donator

Catches the ball well but looks slow and messy in his running

30. Dolphindrew

Dolphindrew Starter

Don't compare # of receptions. This guy comes from a system that doesn't throw 40 balls a season to the same guy at or behind the line of scrimmage. He also shared with a top 3 TE (especially red zone), and very good RB's capable of getting in the end zone. I have much respect for Jarvis, but if we don't change the scheme and get a real TE, this guy will have 90+ grabs, and that is not a good thing. What we were doing DID NOT WORK. Need a new system, and this guy may fit it. The comparisons are honestly useless.

31. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

How bad does Leonte Carroo have to suck? I refuse to believe a guy the Dolphins once evaluated to be worth a draft day trade up to the tune of an extra 6th, 3rd, and 4th is that bad.

I BET he is better than Albert Wilson. I just don't think Adam Gase has any clue how to evaluate talent. And I can draw this conclusion based on the fact that he had no idea either Jay Ajayi or Kenyan Drake were good players until injuries FORCED him to play those two.

Newmpiece17 likes this.
  32. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase Finheaven VIP

Stop it.

Quinn found out about the brain tumor his senior year in high school, it shocked the entire team and school at the time, went to see about it and it was removed the benign tumor and he missed a month. Finished the year at school and was at practice every day.

Then hasn’t had any issues with it since he found out about it and got it taken care of. The brain tumor has/had zero effect with his playing ability.

33. BobDole

Just sayin. People are acting like it was a slam dunk. Again, I liked the signing. Regardless of it working out or not, we didn't get bent over in the value department ... which is basically our achilles heel. But there are obvious risks here ... or else there would've been a bidding war and Tbum would've splooged all over himself and forked over a 1st round pick. Brain tumor factors into the risk, like it or not.

Probably won't be an issue but it is what it is.

Phinatic8u likes this.
  34. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase Finheaven VIP

No I have no problem with your post it’s just the whole brain tumor thing. I was one of the first people to hug him once I saw him again at practice.

He was a brother of mine from HS.

If the tumor is still impacting negotiations for him, then the entire NFL is run by morons, which actually isn’t to damn far fetched LOL.

BobDole likes this.
  35. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

Landry is currently slotted to play on the one year $16 million franchise tag for Cleveland.

Maybe they will come to a long term agreement, but that's how it stands.

He might have played here on that same tag. Boom. $16 million, all this year.

Albert Wilson will sign for a reported 3 years, $24 million with $12 million guaranteed.

If his 2018 salary is the veteran minimum ($790,000), he will make $4,790,000 in 2018 (salary plus 1/3 of his guarantee).

But keep screaming "oh my god, we're playing this player i know nothing about $8 million."

andyahs likes this.
  36. BobDole

One of the few signings I liked, brain tumor or not. I read it was benign, didn't know it had been totally removed.

I could be (probably am) nuts but don't I remember him missing the game against us because there were some complications there? That was the first I'd heard of it. Kind of odd if it had been removed.

37. Tureo

Tureo Seasoned Veteran

The front office sucks for a number of reasons. Fans don't need to evaluate the signing of a slot wr to come to that conclusion. I have no idea how this works out but it's the same song every year. Fans were asking us to wait for the season to start to see how great Kiko looked and Branch, and Thomas and on an on. I'm not sure why people are surprised that some fans doubt every move when we have made so many bad moves

38. ANUFan

ANUFan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

There are some sad sad responses in this thread. It's okay to go outside and enjoy life every now and then.

39. Tureo

Tureo Seasoned Veteran

everyone is entitled to their opinion. I can't be bothered that someone else is bothered about a football team

40. Jay131866

Jay131866 Scout Team

How do you know the gtd amount is not 6M a year? And grant is not a slot receiver. Caroo obv just sucks and they have no faith in him whatsoever. But I'm sure Parker will get injured again this year so Caroo will get some playing time.