WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

Ridiculous, unnecessary, overly aggressive response.

We haven’t been looking to replace Landry the last 3 years.

DeVante Parker, Leontee Carroo, Isaiah Ford, Jakeem Grant, Drew Morgan, Francis Owusu, and many others would probably disagree. But you know, you do you with your fake outrage.

I'm not sure how you feel it's the same result Wilson at his best is a 40 to 50 catch guy. He is not a good football player and never has been

So was Wes Welker when we traded him. How'd that turn out for the Patriots? When you say stupid stuff, nobody is going to take you seriously.

If the Dolphins expect the RBs and TEs to catch more passes next year the move to replace Landry with Wilson is the right move. Landry's production was not because he is so great but merely a result of us not having a RB or TE who could catch passes consistently.
You add another 200 to 300 yards to the TE position and another 200 to the RB position and Landry's production will be half of what he had last year. Now anybody wants to tell me that a slot receiver with 500 yards next year deserves to have a 16 Mill salary. The same people who bitch and moan about Landry not getting paid by us will be the same people who will call the 16 Mill next year poor FO decision.

Replacing Landry with Wilson is the right decision as long as we take care of the TE position and make sure we will have a RB with pass catching ability. Drake is already better than JTrain in that category.

I said the same kind of thing...I would take losing Landry, if we can replace that money with a decent slot receiver, OL help, and a TE. That would make a more complete team. Hoping OL and TE are next in FA.

So was Wes Welker when we traded him. How'd that turn out for the Patriots? When you say stupid stuff, nobody is going to take you seriously.

He's not completely wrong. Wilson isn't a nobody but at the same time 8 mil per year is steep

Wilson is definitely a young player trending up, but it's hard to get excited about that contract number. Would have expected 5-6 annually, not 8.

The Dolphins have been a horrible team for 20 years. You should expect 8, not 5-6.

All depends on guaranteed money. For a slot guy that (hopefully) delivers it's a solid deal.

He's not completely wrong. Wilson isn't a nobody but at the same time 8 mil per year is steep

Just like I replied to someone else, we're the Dolphins, not the Patriots. 8 is what you're going to get when you have a suck team for 20 years. Ask the Browns if they get special discounts.

My buddy is a big Chiefs fan. He says that Wilson is pretty good but has had limited opportunities. Fairly short but very good hands.

Watching this Chiefs Broncos game Wilson highlights with Mahomes keying on him as the Fins have done with Landry he looks like a perfect replacement but faster
Good signing! But hopefully we spread the ball unlike when we had Landry

DeVante Parker, Leontee Carroo, Isaiah Ford, Jakeem Grant, Drew Morgan, Francis Owusu, and many others would probably disagree. But you know, you do you with your fake outrage.

It’s fine to agree to disagree as I don’t see any of those guys as replacements for Landry outside of Grant which is my point, he was already on the roster and was showing real ability to be a weapon from the slot so why pay a guy $8 million for 40-50 catches.

Hey, if he turns out to be great then obviously it’s a steal but I still think we are now tying up a lot of money for 3 WR’s and we have holes everywhere else.

Never would have thought that our first free agent signing would have been a wr.

Not a fan of this, but whatever, let's see how it works out

So Wilson is Wes welker lol he has only been in the league 4 years and did relatively little with every opportunity he has been given. Let's not act like kc had some stellar receivers keeping him off the field. He signed for 1.67 last year and now based on a dozen more catches we pay him 8 million. Welker was clearly our best receiver in his 60 something catch season before he joined the pats that's why he actually had trade value unlike Wilson. So I could care less about you acting like I have no clue about the signing. At best he might have been their 3rd best wr.

Back
Top Bottom