WR Albert Wilson Welcome To Miami!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ronmoney29, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

This wreaks of my "insanity" complaint going back to the Ireland days. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. COUNTING on a player to be something he has never been. Healthy, productive, able to play a different position, able to change his attitude, young again, etc.

This move isn't that bad in terms of ability but if they sign Ed Dickson (for more than vet. min.), it will stink up the place once again.

2. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Good keep adding more speed to the offense. Gase needs to open things up more in 2018. Still need to fix the O-Line though.

3. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

If it isn't bad in terms of ability, and he's already healthy, productive, not needing to change position, young, no attitude problem, how does this wreak of your insanity complaint?

4. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

Fair enough, that's true. If it works out to 6 million per I can live with it. Yah Carroo I figured would get more slot looks this year but looks like not. Not that I had any faith in him either, but considering what we gave up for him it seems irresponsible at best not to give him significant snaps to prove them wrong.

Jay131866 likes this.
  5. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

He did so in an offense run by Andy Reid whose passing games have consistently produced for nearly two decades, and couldn't establish himself on a team that lacked a proven receiver to start the year.

EricCartman likes this.
  6. JRYCRL

JRYCRL Well-Known Member

This... Well said.

7. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

8. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

I think some people aren't paying attention to the contracts being handed out this season. You were not signing a WR for under 14.5m per. While this signing is one of those......."meh I'll wait and see" the money involved is actually good. At first I was like WTF and then the other contract details from around the league came rolling in and I was like holy **** WTF!

9. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Csonked Out likes this.
  10. erralyn

erralyn Starter

To be fair, most of the people on that thread seem to be glad he's gone for the price the Dolphins signed him.

EricCartman likes this.
  11. andyahs

Most of us are glad Landry's gone for that price tag.

12. erralyn

erralyn Starter

Oh, I'm glad Landry's gone at this price, and I'm also very dubious at these 2 WR signings. People can be both.

superphin and EricCartman like this.
  13. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

You think it's just one Chiefs fan who thinks Albert Wilson is a nobody. That's cute.

14. andyahs

Albert Wilson is not getting $8 million a year either.

15. Eesti

Eesti Rookie Finheaven VIP

Because I don't consider a career average of 386 yards and 2 TD's a year "productive". He is not getting paid like a guy with those numbers so they are expecting him to be more than he ever has been. He is getting paid the same APR as Kenny Stills who averaged 684 yards and 5 TD per year and was rewarded for giving us 726 yards & 9 TD's. One of the FEW good contracts and acquisitions who is earning his money.

We have no idea of the attitude issue because it was his MO coming out of college. Do you know that he has changed? How he will he coexist in the locker room in the future? I only say this because of....

Nolan Nawrocki before his draft year....

I get it. They are paying him for his potential BUT at a price. I'm skeptical because the FO's FA moves have rarely worked out and he is said to struggle against man coverage and have a very small catch radius.

16. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

I am a hell of a lot more open to this deal than 32 year old Danny ****** Amendola

superphin, ForksPhin and EricCartman like this.
  17. circumstances

circumstances Starter Finheaven VIP

he's been in the league 4 years. he's been productive in his role with the chiefs (kelce eats up a lot of targets).

he might make $4.7 million this year ($4 mill of his guarantee and $700,000 veteran minimum salary). who knows?

18. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

They also think the Chiefs made a great deal paying 16/mil a year for a receiver who has only surpassed 1000 yards once during his 4 years in the league. Sammy Watkins is extremely talented but he hasn't dominated like he was expected to. Whether that has been because of injuries or the offenses that he has been on. Either way the Chiefs' deal for Watkins seems just as risky if not more so than the Dolphins' deal for Wilson.

19. Sirspud

Sirspud Pro Bowler

Watkins has potentially game changing talent. Not that I think the deal is worth it for him, but he was a top draft pick for a reason. Parker will get a similar deal if he has a typical Parker year next year.