WR Sherfield: Dolphins are using the 49er playbook | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Sherfield: Dolphins are using the 49er playbook

We had an advantage because teams have no film history of McD and the Dolphins. We lost that advantage and now they can rely on last years 49ers tape to study. We'd need to change things somewhat on offense to regain the no film advantage.

We had an advantage because teams have no film history of McD and the Dolphins. We lost that advantage and now they can rely on last years 49ers tape to study. We'd need to change things somewhat on offense to regain the no film advantage.
What opposing coaches thought we would using another playbook?

Just like the playbook he could have said that as a form of misdirection. Yes it could be based on the SF playbook, but there could be tweaks and wrinkles to make it different
Playbook and philosophy are two different things.

yes this was obvious to any intelligent Head Coach or D Coordinator in the league.

What this made me think of though was how we (yeah, theFins) totally shut San Fran down a couple years ago…so this offense (no offense) is unstoppable. (This was also when Preston looked like a future beast).

However, as a few of you mentioned earlier….that offense did not have Hill, Waddle, Tua, etc….( I am sure it had a better o line though).

So the talent level is now entirely different.

I bet if we had a wr from the Rams, or the Packers they would say we where running there playbook.

Sherfield should not have been so open and transparent. He will probably make the roster for his special teams proven performance and he's handy depth at WR. However, he should be castigated for making that admission public. Just dumb...
By making this admission public, opposing Defenses will smile and just focus on certain approaches to handling certain formations because the Dolphin Offense now becomes more predictable. If Sherfield had Bill Belichick as his head coach, he'd be facing a stint in the doghouse and torture.
I'd imagine that McD would then smile in return, b/c a good coach can use those expectations against a defense.

I've watched parts of the SF/GB preseason game twice.

Sherfield, it appears, is spot on.

I’m hoping to catch some Mcvay in there too his run game is good even though he is more pass heavy than the other guys. EZE is a good fit for the Cooper kupp role specifically in the run game. No I’m not comparing the players and no I don’t expect kupp production

Mcvay cracks kupp a ton it’s also a big part of their play action game.

I’m hoping to catch some Mcvay in there too his run game is good even though he is more pass heavy than the other guys. EZE is a good fit for the Cooper kupp role specifically in the run game. No I’m not comparing the players and no I don’t expect kupp production

Mcvay cracks kupp a ton it’s also a big part of their play action game.

It amazes me how often Kupp is always open

It amazes me how often Kupp is always open

He’s a true pro and practitioner of the position. I coach WRs I love to show the guys Kupp routes and training videos.

A lot of the PA production and tight bunch stuff is just pitch and catch beautiful design from Mcvay but kupp uncovers himself w/ the best of em highly under rated receiver.

Back
Top Bottom