WR/TE/RB vs. Scheme/Coaching/QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR/TE/RB vs. Scheme/Coaching/QB

YUCK NO WAY... read the thread in the draft forums on what players are definite NO to draft. Funchess is all over that.

Ya don't know anything about him just saw him on a cbs mock draft going in the teens. His height intrigued me.

After seeing the list of WRs in the draft looks like there are a ton of big WR to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya don't know anything about him just saw him on a cbs mock draft going in the teens. His height intrigued me.

After seeing the list of WRs in the draft looks like there are a ton of big WR to choose from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah Funchess is big... but he doesnt even use his frame well at all, has awful hands, not good feet, bad route running and doesnt separate.

Kevin White you probably know about... he is 6'3''

Devante Parker I am not overly high on is 6'3'' as well

Dezmin Lewis is 6'4'' is interesting to look at in lower rounds

then there is a bunch of 6'2'' around like Sammie Coates, Tre McBride, Jaelen Strong is 6'3'', Devin Smith may be 6'1''.... definitely some size

Not the first time I've said this on here , but I will say it again: The NFL is a coaches league.

Order of importance:
1. Head Coach
2. QB
3. O Line
4. Red Zone Defense
5. Special Teams
6. Everything else

Remove redzone defense from that list. We had one of the better red zone defenses this year.

Crabtree should not command a lot of money. He had kaep and a bad Alex Smith throwing him the ball. Plus, they are a run heavy team, then acquired boldin, have Davis and acquired Johnson. Didn't they have moss too? The point is he hasn't had a real chance. I have seen him go up for jump ball and fights for yards. Crabtree>Hartline

I think Lazor's offensive scheme is fine, but it doesn't fit with the talent on the current roster. Take our receivers for example. Our offense relies on the QB getting the ball out of his hands quickly to allow the receivers to turn upfield quickly. Right now, we don't have receivers that transition into runners after the catch.

Landry was our best with 443 yards of YAC out of his 758 total receiving yards. That put him at 18th in the NFL in YAC. Our other skill starters: Clay ranked 67th, Wallace 75th, Miller 79th, and Hartline 173rd. Those aren't great numbers. What New England's receivers and backs do so well...what they're asked to do in the scheme...is beat the coverage first on quick hitting routes and then get upfield quickly. YAC prowess is why the Patriots ALWAYS seem to be in 2nd & 3 rather than 2nd & 7.

I'm hoping Lazor has already spoken to Hickey about this. Yes, we could use more size for better success in the vertical passing game and in the red zone, but YAC should be a priority when scouting receivers. Better YAC can be accomplished with stronger, physical receivers (Landry) or quicker, short area quickness receivers (more like Bess used to be). Hartline and Wallace are deficient in both cases. In addition to better receivers, Tannehill must improve his consistency in ball placement to give the receivers better chances to turn upfield.

I think that probably our biggest problem on offense is that we have a scheme that's predicated on only running when the opposition shows 6 or fewer in the box. As a result, we put a lot of pressure on our OL to pass block, as we kind of make it predictable that if opposing defenses show a certain front, we will throw the ball. When your OL isn't good to begin with...

I am a fan of Bill Lazor, but I hope that he does a good job of self-scouting his performance as a rookie Pro OC. He seems like an extremely smart guy, and very driven to succeed. Just lacking in experience...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Lazor's offensive scheme is fine, but it doesn't fit with the talent on the current roster. Take our receivers for example. Our offense relies on the QB getting the ball out of his hands quickly to allow the receivers to turn upfield quickly. Right now, we don't have receivers that transition into runners after the catch.

The offense had to rely on the QB getting the ball out cause the Oline could not block worth a damn (Running or passing). We need to Turner to get healthy, move pouncey back to C, and put someone worth a damn at LG. It will do wonders for the offense.

Don't worry we'll sign a bunch of real quality bargain basement players who will keep the status quo. They'll bring us another 8-8 or 7-9 season and Ross will be elated. He will then extend Philbin's contract until Joe is 90 years old.

Back
Top Bottom