WR Update / from ESPN News | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR Update / from ESPN News

I saw that too. They are saying Gadsden will be out for the Bills game, no comment on the season. I just read Andy Cohen of Dolphins Digest and he doesn't think Chambers will play due to the severity of his concussion.

:billsbite:

I wouldn't want OG to play. He hasn't practiced all week and the wrist is STILL swelled up. Screw OG this weekend, McDrop hasn't dropped one yet (not like he had many chances) so we may be able to overcome that. Ward will be the go-to guy on 3rd downs.

I still say use Chambers sparingly...if at all... we still have Ward, McKnight, McMike, Konrad, and now Clark.... I'd like to see some two TE sets...and splitting McMike out... RW out of the backfield....that kinda stuff. keep that weak defense off balance...

Chambers should sit. We have a buy week coming up and its not worth it for him to come back from a serious head injury so quickly. I'd rather lose this game then lose Chambers.

Originally posted by PhinKev
Chambers should sit. We have a buy week coming up and its not worth it for him to come back from a serious head injury so quickly. I'd rather lose this game then lose Chambers.

I say if CC feels fine and is totally coherant, he should play. howver, i say he will only get a few touches and will be used as a decoy. on teh other hand,w/ winfield out, he could end up having a huge game! if he gets one bomb thrown his way for a TD, then it would be enought to throw the entire bills D off.

I'm mixed on Chambers..I say miss this one if he'll there for the rest of the season, especially with OG possibly out the rest of the season...I think Baker can be a difference maker in this game if he gets the chance...We have talent everywhere else..As a matter of fact with Baker back, we are deep in WR's, so that doesn't concern me as much as seeing Lucas play a full game at game speed....that's still the ? for me...Hopefully he puts my mind to rest.

I have mixed feelings on Chambers playing too. If he sits out this week he'll have an extra week to rest next week too. We have a two game lead, it's not a must win.

this is completely a must win for us!! 3-0 in the division and kicking the bills down to 3 games back instead of 1 game back????what the hell this is huge!!! i hope the players think so too!!

The decoy thing, imo, won't work. Even a mediocre cornerback can cover CC if he knows that all he's gonna do is fly. I agree that this is a HUGE game just as any home division games are, but we can still win without Chambers. There is plenty of talent on the offensive side of the ball this year, especially when you consider whose defense we are going against. The win might not be as spectacular as it would if Chambers was around, but it would still be a win. No greed here. Sit Chambers. He needs the rest even if he looks OK.

As I peer into my crystal ball:rolleyes: I see a huge day for Baker. 6 receptions for 98 yds, 1 of these being ad TD reception for 24 yds.:D

IMHO CC should sit but dress incase of emergency. It's a big game but not that big to risk further injury to CC.

WR Update

Gadsden Done and Gone?
Alex Marvez reports for the Sun Sentinel Miami Dolphins WR Oronde Gadsden (wrist) has reportedly elected to undergo season-ending surgery on his left wrist after being unable to reach a contract extension Friday with the Miami Dolphins. "We wanted to get an extension as injury protection, but they offered a contract that should have gone to the 51st player on the roster instead of Oronde," said Michael Todd, Gadsden's agent. Miami VP of football operations and player personnel, Rick Spielman, said he hopes to change Gadsden's mind about the surgery at a meeting today.

Chambers Update
ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Miami Dolphins WR Chris Chambers (concussion) will be a game-time decision Sunday. He did a little work Friday at practice.

I hate to see the dialogue going on between OG and his agent and Spielmann. OG needs to have his surgery and then in FA next year if we want him, we will have to pay. We certainly can't enter into a long term deAl that will hurt the team and we don't need to disrespect him right now with poor offer. We need to wait and let the chips fall where they may.

Back
Top Bottom